Dr. Marty Pets Dog Food

Dog Food Advisor Forums Raw Dog Food Dr. Marty Pets Dog Food

Viewing 8 posts - 51 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author

Kim K

I also signed up for Dr. Marty buy 3 bags of Dr. Marty Raw Dog food MADE IN THE USA cost $125.00. I started feeding to to my cocker spaniel last week. Well big major problems this past weekend September 15 and 16, 2018, when I saw my dog poop with blood in it. Each time she poop out came blood or if she tried to poop blood came pouring out of her. Sunday morning letting her out after we woke up to go to the bathroom her poop was nothing but blood. I used toilet paper to clean it up and took pictures of it as well as poop that she did on her walks on 09/15 and this morning 09/16.

After we got home I had to make an emergency trip to the Emergency Animal vet on Sunday morning after our walk. The emergency vet diagnosis my cocker spaniel (12 years old), with E-Colitis, ran test, had to flush her system out of saltine, inject her with gel medicine, and came home with antibotics and 2 cans of wet id dog food. If I would have waited until Tuesday (09/18), when we were schedule to to go our vet, my dog maybe have bleed to death. I have been feeding her homemade dog food since 2010, but figure this food would help me in always making her homemade dog food. Well I’ll just keep making the homemade dog food for her as least I know what is doing into her food and into her mouth.

SO if you are thinking about trying Dr. Marty RAW Dog food out think twice. I contacted the company about this they said that they were so sorry that this had happen and was told that they are refunding the $125.00 back to me and told me to keep the other 2 unopened bags of food. I told them that I will mail them back to you. I decided to do homemade dog food when all this recall in dry dog food all the time and my dog has gotten 3-Colitis from the dry dog food because it was bad.

#121739 Report Abuse

Kim K

To respond to Frank in regards to his liver level count so high. I had the same thing with my cocker spaniel also, not to mention bald spots on her. My vet called and asked if she could do blood work as she thinks Freckles thyroid is very low. My dog groomer told me to start giving Freckles 1 capsule 2 times a day this will bring down her liver level to normal as well as everything else. Plus the vet prescribe thyroid medicine to my baby. Well it’s been over 1 1/2 months so we Freckles been taking milk this test. Wow I saw a major improvement in her, my vet could believe how Freckles looked and turned around. Her hair is so soft the bald spot on her back has come back asleep well as on her back left & right legs.

Also gave her nupro powder mix into her homemade dog food. So if your dog is experiencing the samething my dog went through get milk thistle & give to your dog for couple months until the next blood work will show normal. Good Luck!!!

#121768 Report Abuse

Nancy P

Hi. I’ve posted here before regarding my two Schnauzers and Dr Marty’s raw freeze dried diet. I guess I’ve been giving this to my dog Kimmie fir about 9 months now. She still loves it and is doing well. Her skin and coat are doing great. Skin issues were the main reason for starting her on this brand of food. She’s had vet work ups in the mean time and all seems to be going well with her. Keeping my fingers crossed that good health continues.
    I also had my other dog, Zoe, on Dr Marty’s. She loved it and was doing well but I decided it was getting too expensive to have both dogs on this diet so she had been getting a mixture of vital essentials, Turkey flavor, and Fresh Pets vita chicken and veg. Zoe is doing well and enjoying her meals.
    I also added digestive enzymes to both dogs. Somebody on this forum suggested that earlier on.
    I hope all of our dogs stay healthy and happy.

#124305 Report Abuse

Michelle W

My 70 pound Collie was in very bad shape. He is 11 years old and has had movement problems for years, these were helped for a long time using acupuncture, but I eventually gave that up. My vet eventually suspected Addison’s disease and put him on Prednisolone a short time later we added Adequan for arthritis. I have also been taking him to an excellent dog physical therapist. He had improved quite a bit, but the Prednisolone caused him to have excessive food seeking behavior that made him not even seem like my dog anymore. Once I was on-line researching dog nutrition and ran into Dr. Marty. I purchased one bag of food (at it’s highest price) just to take a look and see what it was. When it came I was so embarrassed by what I had paid for it that I put it in a drawer and ignored it for a couple of weeks. One day I hydrated a cup of the food and gave my dog, who usually gets 1 cup of dry Avoderm with his meals. Instead I gave him 1/3 up of Dr. Marty’s and 2/3 cup Avoderm Duck. Later when I sat down to eat my dinner I was astonished that my dog was not begging. I have kept feeding it at that same ratio for a while and he is physically getting a lot better and his food seeking has returned to a normal level. I just took him off of it for two days to see if the food seeking returns and in two days only a hint of it has returned. I will leave him on the 1/3 cup per meal for another month or two because he is healing so well and when his health seems stable I will try cutting down to 1/4 cup. My conclusion is that Dr. Marty’s is very, very good for my dog and that I need not feed him a large portion of it, thus, it is not as ridiculously expensive as I thought, because I do not need to feed him the portion required to feed only that one food to a 70 pound dog.

#126084 Report Abuse

Theophilos

It’s funny you wrote this, as I just watched/listened to the 51 minutes video and after hearing him speak on TV shows, etc. I thought it did not sound like him. I just bought 2 jars of the enzymes before reading these posts, so I hope it is real and actually works!

#126092 Report Abuse

Alan B

I ordered Dog food from your website and was mislead into purchasing 18 bags. I was charged two separate orders. The website is VERY Misleading. When I realized that I had been charged for 18 Bags I sent an email expressing my concern right away, 20 minutes after the order. It was 11pm CST.. I followed up this morning with a phone call to customer service and was told there was nothing they could do. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told they were all busy??? Really? I was told someone would call me back. As of this email I am writing, still no call. When I explained what happened, she also told me this happens all the time… Oh Really? All the time… She also told me there was no way to cancel, that I would have to wait until I receive the product and then return it to get a refund. She also told me they couldn’t call the warehouse to cancel the order. This is totally unacceptable. I am writing you DR. Marty because it was your infomercial online that made me want to try the food. Your name is all over the site. Do you know what is happening with your online orders? Or is this just a product you sell with your name on it? Hope not! What is sad is that I have Two Shelties I was wanting to try it on them. But now, seeing how Your operation is run, I do not want to deal with you Poor customer service. Dr. Marty, I wanted to let you know what was going on. I called back for the third time and talked to a supervisor named Alicia. She basically told me there was nothing she could do. I would have to wait until they received back the food before any refunds would be honored. I also sent a copy of this email to Dr. Marty and have yet to receive a response.

Buyer Beware!

#126112 Report Abuse

InkedMarie

Alan, this is the dog Food Advisor. Dog food is NOT sold here. You need to contact Dr Marty’s .

#126638 Report Abuse

Kat J

Hi all! I’m Kat J, a Customer Advocate over here at Dr. Marty Pets. I wanted to take the time to thank you all for leaving us such valuable feedback about your dog’s experience with Nature’s Blend. As with all dog food, we do understand that some pups may enjoy Nature’s Blend and others may not. Which is why we wholeheartedly stand by our 90-Day Money Back Guarantee! Just shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] or give our Customer Service Team a call at 800-670-1839 and we can assist you with the refund process!

When you’re introducing your dog to a new food, like Nature’s Blend, we recommend that you follow these steps to ensure that your pup avoids any digestive upset or tummy trouble. Gradually transition your dog’s food by introducing Nature’s Blend over a period of 7-10 days. Start off by mixing a small amount of Nature’s Blend into the old food, and increase the amount of Nature’s Blend by a little everyday, while decreasing the amount of old food. Eventually, it will just be Nature’s Blend in your dog’s bowl! This method will help your pup avoid an upset stomach.

In addition, if you don’t want to completely transition your pup over to Nature’s Blend, we recommend using it as a topper for your dog’s food. This way, your dog is still receiving the nutrients they need.

If anyone is experiencing ordering issues, or if you have any questions about the ordering process, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me directly at [email protected]. Our products are typically shipped out within a day or two of the transaction, so it may be difficult to cancel the order right then and there. But we absolutely stand by our Money Back Guarantee. If you decide that you no longer want to have your pups try Nature’s Blend, please let me know and I can assist you with the refund process.

Thank you for all of the feedback! We are constantly looking for ways to improve our business, so I have taken note of your suggestions and concerns and will do our best to implement these in the future. I also look forward to answering any and all questions you may have regarding Dr. Marty Pets! Again, my e-mail is [email protected]. Take care!

Viewing 8 posts - 51 through 58 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.