šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ami
    Participant

I bought a large bag of these treats as i have bought this product many times before but decided to buy the large bag as i know the product and felt confident. But when i started pulling out the freeze dried liver treats most of them looked really different. Normally the treats look like smooth cardboard, in this bag there were some chunks that looked as if they were diseased livers. They had various sized whiteish and other discoloured spots through them. This to me looked like it was ‘Fatty Liver’ which is a disease. If you look up a google image for fatty liver you will be disgusted at what you find.

I want to know if anyone else has seen weird looking freeze dried liver treats. I won’t feed them to my dog and I am going to bring some of these abnormal looking treats in to my vet to take a look at. I will be really upset if there is a problem with them as i thought i was safe buying my dog’s treats made in the Canada or the U.S..

I will post again when i hear back from the vet.
    Tnx,
    ami

#35601 Report Abuse
    thegoodlife

That is very odd. I purchase this product all the time and I have only good things to say about them. My dogs go crazy for them and my vet stands by them as being one of the healthiest pet treats. Are you sure you aren’t getting brand names confused? :S Aside from looks I think a locally sourced treat beats the big boxed chemicals any day…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.