🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Katherine R

“Kahoots” is a new chain of pet food/supplies here. I don’t see any reviews about their “Kahoots” brand. Anyone have experience with them?

#38454 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Interesting. I’ve never heard of “Kahoots” products or stores however I just looked them up. I’m not positive of anything but it appears to me as if this is probably a store brand manufactured by Diamond (similar to how 4Health is made for Tractor Supply by Diamond). The two grain-free formulas are dangerously similar to Taste of the Wild’s Pacific Stream and Southwest Canyon. Diamond make several brands – Diamond Naturals, 4Health, TOTW, Premium Edge, Professional, etc. And many of them are almost identical with just minor tweaks between brands. Like I said, I don’t know anything about the company but based on ingredients alone the foods appear to be pretty good.

#38456 Report Abuse
    Katherine R

Thanks for the great input! Perhaps it’s worth a try…

#43818 Report Abuse
    mah4angel
    Participant

I’ve fed my dog the Kahoots canned duck food. Pretty good ingredients list and my family is devoted to their store because of their amazing customer service. The store began down here in Southern California (I believe in San Diego) and is a relatively small chain at the moment. My dog loved the food and it didn’t seem to give him any issues, but I only fed it every three days (if that) to augment some of the cost of his homemade raw diet. They have a pretty awesome special for their canned food, where you get 12 for $12 (I think, I could be wrong- I just remember it was a great deal) so it wouldn’t hurt your wallet to check them out 🙂

#50732 Report Abuse
    Aaron P

The Kahoots brand dog food is not made by Diamond. It is US made and US sourced(Texas). The meat content is much higher than you will find in Taste of the wild. The salmon is wild caught (tow is farm raised)and the supplementation in Kahoots brand is superior. My dogs have been on Kahoots for about four years. My lab is three now and is in beautiful condition. My beagle is nine she is now a healthy and happy senior dog thanks to the kahoots food. Prior to kahoots she was on Nutro or Wellness neither did her justice as she was tormented by itchy dry skin, irritated paws and frequent hot spots. Thank you Kahoots for making great products that allow my animals to thrive!!!

#50915 Report Abuse
    Katherine R

Wow…how did you get all that information? It sounds like a great brand and store.

#54530 Report Abuse
    HEATHER M

I’m thinking of switching from Wellness Core Reduced Fat to Kahoots Grain-Free Beef and Boar. My dogs have been doing well on the Wellness for a while, but I think it’s a good idea to switch foods every so often to make sure their is nothing they are lacking. Wellness is rated 5 star on this website. Would Kahoots also be 5 star? Here is the ingredient list:

Ingredients:
    Beef Meal, Sweet Potato, Peas, Beef Fat (Preserved with mixed Tocopherols), Pork Meal, Alfalfa Meal, Flax Seed (Source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids), Yeast Culture, Dried Kelp, Potassium Chloride, Natural Beef Flavor, Vegetable Pomace (Carrot, Peas, Tomato, Celery, Beet, Parsley, Lettuce, Watercress, Spinach), Dried Egg Product, Montmorillonite, Salt, Cranberries, Blueberries, Pumpkin Seed, Monosodium Phosphate, Yeast Extract, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Niacin Supplement (Source of Vitamin B3), Vitamin A Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate (Source of Vitamin B5), Thiamine Mononitrate (Source of Vitamin B1), Biotin ( Source of Vitamin B7), Riboflavin Supplement (Source of Vitamin B2), Vitamin D3 Supplment, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Source of Vitamin B6), Ascorbic Acid, Folic Acid (Source of Vitamin B9), Minerals (Zinc Sulfate, Calcium Carbonate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt Carbonate), Dried Chicory Root, L-Lysine, Selenium Yeast, Lecithin, Choline Chloride, Hydrolyzed Yeast, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus Niger Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Product, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Taurine, Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid (Preservatives), Rosemary Extract.

#54534 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

I’m wondering why “boar” isn’t in the ingredient list. Is it just lumped in with the pork meal? What is the guaranteed analysis on this recipe?

#55114 Report Abuse
    Aaron P

I believe the two grain free foods Kahoots makes would be rated at five stars. Boar is pork, boar is simply an alternative descriptive word.

#81434 Report Abuse
    Margo K

I just went to Kahoots store and was very inpressed by the customer service and store, I would like to know exactly where and who makes this food, I emailed kahoots and immediately answered on Christmas day! Is Kahoots dog food going to make Dog advisor?

#81448 Report Abuse
    Aaron P

The Kahoots dog food is manufactured in Texas and about 85% of the ingredients are sourced from within 200 miles of the manufacturer. This food is USA made and USA sourced by Mid American Pet. The beef and boar does wonders for my three dogs:)

#82604 Report Abuse
    Dave G

I live in San Diego county. When I adopted my chocolate lab from San Diego County Animal Control, I dropped into the Kahoots store in Fallbrook, CA, to pick up a few items. When the sales lady found out I had a new doggie she loaded up my bag with four different free samples of Kahoots private label dry dog food. These were big sample baggies and I got two full meals for my dog out of each one. I forget what flavors they all were, but I remember my dog seemed to be a little constipated with the chicken dog food. The one she really seemed to like best was their beef & boar. I stopped in at Kahoots this week and they had their private label food on sale. The 30lb. bag of beef & boar was less than $40, so I bought their last bag. My dog sure likes it.

#84307 Report Abuse
    Mee C

I live down the street from a Kahoots store. I recently went in to switch dog food brands and ended up with the Lamb & Rice formula. I have pomeranians and they love it. Im just wondering what to compare it to quality wise. The ingredients listed do not contain wheat, corn, soy, artificial flavors, fillers. Anyone use this formula? If so how do you like it?
    Thanks

#146369 Report Abuse
    Sade C

Why doesn’t Kahoots have a rating?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.