šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Charles H
    Participant

We have a 3 year old GSD girl. We got her from a rescue about 18 months ago and I found (after some trial and error) that she likes a mixture of Merrick Grain Free balanced Bison, Beef & Sweet Potato dry food and a few TBSP of Merrick Back Country Grain free canned food. She has been eating this mixture for over a year now and she loved it. I mean she would hop around and spin in circles while I get it ready.And always just polish her bowl of food, lick the bowl clean and come back and beg for more.

Starting a 4 or 5 weeks ago, she started to be picky with her morning feeding. Some mornings she won’t touch it. Then in the evening feeding, she’s back to normal. But it seems to be occurring with greater frequency (up to twice this week).

Her stools are very normal. She is regularly tested for intestinal parasites (at least one annually, sometimes twice). Other than this she is very healthy, happy, playful and has energy and prey drive levels beyond belief.

I’m thinking of calling Merrick to see if there has been any recent changes in their formulas for these foods. Could it be she is bored with her food?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts, suggestions, etc

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.