šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Recent Topics

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sara M
    Participant

I started to feed my girl freeze dried raw about 2 months ago and transitioning her from her puppy kibble. (She is 11 months old) I was not aware of the kibble information till I started researching all
    this and have been so grateful for everything I have learned recently so thanks to all of you guys:) I need to find a new kibble as a base to help with affordability of our freeze dried raw. If you had to choose between Stella and chewys wild red raw mix grain and legume free (no official review on it yet) or open farm raw mix which would u choose? They both have their pros and cons and I canā€™t make up my mind!! One has higher protein but the other has very reputable sourcing and transparency. Who knows maybe I will eventually be able to phase out the kibble all together but for now I feel better having a backup or base before going fully freeze dried raw. Any thoughts on these 2 kibbles? Thanks guys!

#194031 Report Abuse
    hemac
    Participant

It has been a while since you posted, but nobody else has said anything! So I thought I’d chime in, because I’m on the hunt for the perfect dog food too! I come from a functional medicine perspective, given the amazing things that it has done for my and my family’s health. In my very picky yet non-professional opinion: I love the information about the ingredients that Open Farm provides, but they have some ingredients that I tend to shy away from: primarily potatoes and sunflower oil (Dr. Cate Shanahan is often quoted as saying that refined veggie/seed oils are, ā€œliterally no different than eating radiationā€). Both of these foods have taurine (which I look for specifically), but, I like that the Stella and Chewy’s has probiotics. I personally look for specific bone ingredients and try to avoid meals, but when they’re talking about some level of “whole” and “humane” with the meats, I usually decide that’s good enough – you gotta draw the line somewhere or you’ll just go mad. So, out of these two, I like the Stella and Chewys! In fact, I’m adding it to my list of potentials because it’s hard to find good, legume-free food. Best Wishes!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics