In her new article, How to Help Your Overweight Dog Lose Weight, Dr. Donna Spector, a well-known veterinary specialist, shares the secret to predictable weight loss…
Dogs that consume fewer calories than they burn… lose weight
Dr. Spector suggests feeding your pet a dog food containing…
How We Selected Our Recommended
Weight Loss Dog Foods
If you believe your pet is overweight, here are a few weight loss dog foods for you to consider.
To be included on our list…
Suggested products must meet all three conditions mentioned above. They must contain above-average protein, below-average fat and 250 to 350 calories per cup of kibble… or per 13-ounce can.
Of course, this list should not be considered a complete catalog of all the weight loss dog foods on the market.
For there are others. Many others. We provide this small group only as a starting point.
As a matter of fact, if you know of a specific dog food you believe we should have included on this list, please feel free to share your suggestions in the Comments section below.
Or if you’re looking for some suggestions yourself, be sure to look through our readers’ Comments to find more good ideas.
Suggested Weight Loss Dog Foods
The following suggested weight loss dog foods contain links to the reviews they can be found in. The article itself may or may not be associated with the actual products listed here.
- Acana Light and Trim (Dry)
- Avoderm Natural Large Breed Adult (Dry)
- Castor and Polllux Natural Ultramix Adult Chicken (Canned)
- Evangers Hand Packed Whole Mackerel with Gravy (Canned)
- Life’s Abundance Weight Loss Formula for Adults
- Merrick Brauts-n-Tots (Canned)
- Merrick Campfire Trout Feast (Canned)
- Merrick French Country Cafe (Canned)
- Merrick Harvest Moon (Canned)
- Merrick New Zealand Summer (Canned)
- Merrick Burger Pie and Sweetie Fries (Canned)
- Merrick Senior Medley (Canned)
- Merrick Turducken (Canned)
- Nature’s Select High Protein (Dry)
- Nutro Ultra Large Breed Adult (Dry)
- Premium Edge Adult Chicken (Dry)
- Premium Edge Healthy Weight Reduction (Dry)
- Wellness Core Reduced Fat Formula (Dry)
- Wellness Beef Stew (Canned)
- Wellness Turkey Stew (Canned)
- Wellness Chicken Stew (Canned)
- Wellness Turkey and Duck Stew (Canned)
- Wellness Venison and Salmon Stew (Canned)
A Final Word
This article is designed to help you make a more informed decision when choosing dog food. However, it is certainly not our intention to suggest feeding a particular product will result in a specific health benefit for your pet.
Remember, no dog food can possibly be appropriate for every life stage, lifestyle or health condition. So, choose wisely. And when in doubt consult a veterinarian for help.