šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Liz S
    Participant

I emailed Victors Dog Food 2-3 weeks ago. I asked for them to reply. And also asked if they’d be willing to send me samples of all their types of kibble. I know samples sometimes take a while but I wish they’d reply to me. Gonna call tomorrow because so many on here has spoken highly of them!

#52844 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Are you looking for samples to see how your dog does on Victor? If yes, the sample sizes are almost not worth it, unless they’re sending you a good size bag. It takes at least a few weeks to tell how your dog does on the food.

You’re best to call & tell them you’d like to try their food; ask for a coupon for a free bag.

#53222 Report Abuse
    Liz S
    Participant

They replied to my second email saying they didn’t service my area and won’t send samples.

Found that odd but whatever.

#53239 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

If you emailed Sportdogfood.com then I get it. It says on their website, I believe, that they only service certain states. Lucky me, I live in Ohio which is one they will send stuff to. I don’t know where you live but that may be it.

#53250 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

The one and only feed store in my area that carries it has some samples. They don’t carry much of the food in stock, but will special order it for me. Other than that, I have to order thru Amazon. I wish it was more available here as well. I’m in the Pacific Northwest. I can’t get it for anywhere near the same price as others have mentioned. My dogs do very well on it, but it is getting frustrating to buy.

#53273 Report Abuse
    Liz S
    Participant

I emailed directly to them from their website. The closest store that carries it is 50 miles away. I told them if I could try their food I’d be willing to drive but the agent was really rude. Oh well. Won’t bother with them.

#53280 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Liz, I am sorry you had a bad experience with Victor like that. It really is a great food. Try maybe going through Facebook? When I did, asking for samples, they said I could buy them from the website for $0.33 (33 cents) a piece. So I bought 5 of each although the limit was 3 apparently, but they still sent me the 5 of each (I paid for them after all).

C4C, Victor is not easy to find in Washington? Dang… I will also have to think about those things if we are to move there… I will surely miss my favorite specialty store down here, just down the street, 5 min away, that special-orders me all kinds of food, and carries all kinds of amazingness…

#53300 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Naturella-
    I think only people on this site would understand that you have to take into consideration what brands of dog food are available in the area when choosing a new place to live. Lol!

#53307 Report Abuse
    Naturella

C4C, so true! I’ll need to research this stuff before we go anywhere. We have been so lucky to live on a street with 2 specialty pet boutiques, and a PetCo, PetSmart, and PetLand just down the street. I recommend Busbee Pkwy in Kennesaw, GA to anyone considering moving here. It is just 20min from Atlanta too. Traffic sucks though.

What part of WA do you live in and what all is available near you, I guess store-wise and maybe brand-wise?

#53309 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

I’m a little south and east of Seattle. We have a lot of pet and feed stores in our area. We have Petco, Petsmart, Pet Pros, Mud Bay, and Pet Country for the bigger chain stores. There are also several feed stores and a few specialty boutique types as well. We have a lot of choices, just not Victor!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.