Ross Wells Titan Premade Raw opinions?

Dog Food Advisor Forums Raw Dog Food Ross Wells Titan Premade Raw opinions?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Liz C

I have a local co-op I can get a more affordable pre-made raw from Ross Wells Titan Blends, they are complete 80/10/10 blends:

This is not where I am getting it from but the link below shows the label info. They have two different complete blends, Red and Blue

https://dmvrawfeeders.com/food?olsPage=products%2Ftitan-blue-coarse-grind-tubed-40lbs

https://dmvrawfeeders.com/food?olsPage=products%2Ftitan-red-fine-grind-tubed-8-5lb-tubes-40lbs

I found some reviews but not many so wondering if this looks like a good option. I use complete blends 80/10/10 now minus the added vitamins and minerals. The blends I have just have the protein, organ and bone so not sure what the pros/cons are. to having the extra ingredients?

Thanks for any feedback, I appreciate it!

#129814 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I don’t understand why they add wheat germ oil, fish, eggs and vitamins.

I feed ground raw and it’s just meat/ one/organs. I buy from Hare Today

#129815 Report Abuse
    Liz C

Yes that is what I was used to feeding. But the supplier that I normally get my blends from, their prices are much higher.

I am just wondering if it still looks like a good balanced option. I’m guessing it’s still way better than kibble.

Just hoping someone has had some experience with using their brand…

#129817 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Maybe someone will respond. I wouldn’t feed it, I don’t want other things in my raw but that’s just me. Good luck!

#132870 Report Abuse
    Jennifer R

Yes, I think it is much better than kibble. If you go to the following page, you can see over 100 reviews from others.

https://www.rawdeliverymn.com/ReviewsList.asp?ProductCode=MF2007s&Reviews=Y

#137049 Report Abuse
    CHRISTINE C

I know I am very late to this post but – I have been feeding Titan Blue Fine Grind for a little over a year. I switched all 3 of my dogs, including a German Shepherd that has EPI. Previously fed Merrick kibble. My dogs have thrived on this raw diet. It is easy, inexpensive (compared to sourcing meat myself) and I it has increased their quality of life. My 13 year old lab acts like he is a puppy.

#140124 Report Abuse
    Jaky S

I’ve been feeding Titan for 4 months. My dogs are thriving and its way more affordable than when I was preparing homemade raw/cooked. Eggs add fatty acids. Fish is a source of natural vitamin D and omega 3. Wheat germ oil adds vitamin E and omegas. If you are feeding raw without supplementation your foods will typically be low on iodine, vitamin d, magnesium, manganese and vitamin E. That is why dog food manufacturers supplement.

#141158 Report Abuse
    Jana L

I use this food all the time. I have fed the red and the blue to my dogs and cats – it’s especially nice for the cats since they don’t always go for bones and organ meat as enthusiastically as the dogs.
    These blends can also be cooked – it probably seems like heresy to most raw feeders, but I do cook for my dogs! They get a small portion of cooked vegetables with their meals as well, and raw eggs from my own hens. We’ve been doing this for nearly two years now, and I’m very happy with their health. Nice coats, active, bright, good weight.

#163176 Report Abuse
    Jeanne S
    Participant

I love feeding my dogs Titan Red complete. I never hear that you can cook it and how would you if you wanted to? Does cooking make it lose nutrition? I heard you were in the stages of creating pre-sliced CHUBS. Is that true and if so when?
    My only concern is there’s just one distributor where I live and he’s not always available. Do you know of any others in the area of Palm City, Jupiter, Stuart, Palm Beach Gardens area.

#164780 Report Abuse
    Jeanne S
    Participant

ARe there any other distributors near Jupiter, Stuart, Palm Beach Gardens or
    Palm City Florida

#164781 Report Abuse
    CHRISTINE C

Best to contact Ross Wells, they are located in Wi

#165231 Report Abuse
    Janice M

Bottom of the barrel factory farmed leftovers, will never use

#165235 Report Abuse
    Jeanne S
    Participant

I was introduced to Ross Wells last year and quite frankly my girls did well on the beef. Seemed like a decent product. The co-op supplier started giving me the chicken blend-saying that’s all he could get from the company. Sometime he said there were issues with delivery from them when in fact it was his problem all the time. The chicken blend was ok for a substitute,but my dogs started gaining weight given the same amount so I cut back a bit. Also the cubs were always nicked and cut in places probably from rough handling and the blood would leak out all over. He kept saying he didn’t have the beef but I found out he was selling the beef to some of my friends. This guy (Pete Sorvino in Palm City Florida) always gave me a problem when I ordered. He isn’t professional like most co-op people and he has a full time job which limits times available. (like you can only text him once on a Wednesday and if he feels like getting back to you by Friday with any (left over chicken products he’ll text a time to come get it…period) you can only pick up Thurs-Friday between noon and like 3. I think he sells to police dogs and wants them to get first crack. Not that I’m denying them but I’m a paying customer and all I wanted was the Titan Red (10 chubs) every 2 weeks but obviously that was too much to ask. I had to call the company a few times to ask them if he was still in business because I could never get an answer from him. He didn’t like that too much so not he won’t sell to me. I’m finding out that he’s ghosted other people of my heritage. I believe he is anti semitic. I also have been hearing that the product is sub standard and would like to know if anyone else has heard that. Also I’ve seen that some people pay way less than I was paying. There are no other co-ops within 4 hours of me. I guess I’ll switch. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

#165236 Report Abuse
    CHRISTINE C

Hi Jeanne – Sorry to hear about all your problems with your co-op. It really shouldn’t work that way. I do not have another food solution but, have you considered forming your own co-op? I live in the Kansas City area and there are 2 here. I do not know the rules for Ross Wells but, if you can get enough people to join for a monthly delivery they may consider it.

#165237 Report Abuse
    CHRISTINE C

Response to comment regarding quality – 3rd and 4th grade meats are not used. You do not know what meat is used in kibble food, etc. my dogs have thrived on Titan raw food.

#165281 Report Abuse
    Joanne S
    Participant

For anyone wanting to know more about Ross Wells raw food…

Since the Ross Wells Titan Red and Titan Blue blends…AAFCO for ALS commercial raw grinds…have been discussed lately on threads where people are looking to reduce their costs or because DIY is not a good fit and because I know the two brothers (John and Robert) who own Ross Wells, it crossed my mind that others might be interested in what I know about them. So here goes for starters and any questions just ask…I’ll do my best. But John is very easy to talk to and the absolute best resource since he produces these foods. If you are interested call John at 262-242-0200 to see if there is a buying group near you…they don’t all have an online presence for Google or Facebook to find. Each buying group will add prorated shipping costs and those will vary by group size and location.

Is RW the Cadillac of commercial raw grinds? No. But the RW Titans are a very good pre-made, complete and balanced raw grind priced affordably enough for pretty much anyone who feeds a decent quality kibble. I’ve been feeding RW to multiple dogs for over 15 years. As have many of my friends since RW is local for us. And we all feel blessed to be in RW’s back yard for in person pick up at either their plant in Medford, WI or their office in Mequon, WI.

The reasons Ross Wells products are so inexpensive are as follows. They don’t market their products at all. They recently created a website and it’s very no frills. Most people don’t understand how terribly expensive marketing is. They also don’t ship product below a large minimum order so only buying groups and zoos, etc. can afford to order their products shipped…a huge overhead savings. And their product packaging is very basic. They don’t spend money on pretty. John and his brother Robert are two very down to earth guys who epitomize Midwestern values…they are in business to make a profit but they are not profit driven. And John is constantly looking for low pricing on raw materials. The only downside is that not everyone lives within reasonable driving distance to a RW buying group or to their plant or office.

Ross Wells raw foods do not contain 3/4D meat. Many years ago when RW began producing raw food, they used to make a raw grind *specifically for*, at *their request* and sold *only to* sled dog team handlers who fed tens to hundreds of dogs and to other customers who specifically requested it. These mushers directly requested 3/4D meat in order to reduce their monumental feeding costs. RW has always used only human grade meat for their pet food lines and stopped producing the sled dog line a few years ago when some of their pet food customers had concerns about potential cross contamination.

Titan Red and Titan Blue do not contain charcoal. The RW single proteins didn’t used to contain charcoal but do now because the state forced John to denature them to prevent them from potentially being misconstrued as human food. Ross Wells’ main business is ingredient sales to major dog food companies so once they pick up human grade meats with their trucks those meats automatically lose their legal human grade food status. Chain of custody is very important to the USDA.

There are a few raw food distributors who now stock Ross Wells products but their ship charges can be hefty. You can always call John to verify that he provides product to the distributor you are considering if you’d like to confirm product authenticity.

#175202 Report Abuse
    Sonja T
    Participant

Jeanne – look up RawPets . Com in Florida.
    Grassfed/grass finished options . They are a distributor with different tier breakdowns.

#182754 Report Abuse
    PiaOnomato
    Participant

A huge thank you to Joanne S.! I have been feeding RW Titan blends for 2 years through a local co op. It’s really hard to get any info on RW so I just sort of hoped that I was doing the right thing by our dogs. Your post was so helpful and informative! Thanks for all of your time.

#185560 Report Abuse
    Cheryl D
    Participant

Does anyone know of a local co-o or dealer in the Virginia Beach area. I’m going there for an extended stay and looking for a place to purchase

#187509 Report Abuse
    johanna B
    Participant

Hello, Sorry I’m so late to the party. 🙂 I’ve been feeding Titan Raw for about six years. My German Shepherd thrives on it. She’s at the perfect weight, she has a beautifully shiny coat, and unbelievable energy. Her favorite is the Tripe. I’ve tried to explain to her that she can’t live off of that alone, but you know kids lol. I feed the blue, and red and tripe twice a week. I also feed dry just because my pups 92 pounds, and I can’t afford to feed just raw alone. I would if I could….. I would love for the Dog Food Advisor to review Ross Wells Titan.

#187887 Report Abuse
    Amy N
    Participant

Does anyone know if there are any co-op’s in West Palm Beach Jupiter area or ft. Lauderdale area? Has Dog Food Advisor reviewed Ross Wells Titan? I have been feeding Steve’s raw and going broke? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#189054 Report Abuse
    Dana O
    Participant

does Titan Premade Raw include the
    bone? I figured not the reason for added calcium, but would like to know

#189055 Report Abuse
    Dana O
    Participant

I WOULD ALSO BE INTERSTED IN A TITAN RVIEW BY DOGFOODADVISOR! 🙂

#189273 Report Abuse

Kami menyediakan solusi untuk komunikasi audio dan video, infrastruktur jaringan, multimedia, dan solusi audio video. Kami juga memberikan solusi Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) dengan layanan yang terbaik serta dukungan teknikal yang berpengalaman. https://gifera-odo.com/

#191922 Report Abuse
    Lex B
    Participant

Does anyone have a contact for Ross Wells? I’m trying to open a co-op in the WPB area of South FL and I try to email them and it keeps getting kicked back. Can’t find a phone number to call

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.