šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 50 posts - 751 through 800 (of 1,192 total)
  • Author
    InkedMarie

Michael, if you hapen to live in the northeast, look at SportDogFood online. Its where I get my Farmina.

#76055 Report Abuse
    Connie O

My Westie spent 5 years of his life with TERRIBLE allergies and after taking him to 5 different vets, even allergists, no one could tell me what to give him other than Cortisone shots. One day I happened upon Royal Canin with a Westie on the package and it said it was for sensitive stomachs and great coats. I gave it to him and within 1 months all the itching stopped, his stools were perfect and the red spots on his stomach and paws were completely gone. His coat after that was the most beautiful, silky, full coat and he was a MUCH happier dog! I have since given it to my Terrier mix and Havanese with the same results. I haven’t tried the canned or other types of Royal Canin but I absolutely recommend that the Royal Canin Mini Special be added to your list. Thanks.

#76152 Report Abuse
    Debra A C

I just picked up a bag of Evolve grain free dry – turkey/garbanzo bean/pea. You gave their regular dry 4 stars so I figured this would be a good food for my 5# Biewer Yorkie. I LOVE that the kibble is really tiny! My dog has very small teeth and I had him on Bil Jac grain free only because it was the only dry kibble he would eat. Normally even kibble made for small dogs was still a bit of work for him. He gobbled this right up; dry! Two reasons I gave this a shot: I prefer turkey over chicken (for me) because it’s just tastier and garbanzo beans are great right out of a can (dog loves them too!). While I wish it was organic I trusted that you gave Evolve a pretty good rating and the bag I bought was not too expensive, less than $9 for 4.5lbs in a grocery store. I have paid almost double that for some high end brands.

Any higher rated brands that the kibble is tiny? Thanks! Love your website.

#76244 Report Abuse
    Elizabeth Y

I would like to nominate Nutrisource. Our dogs are on Pure Vita grain free turkey and Natural Planet Rabbit and Salmon and doing very well on both. I know both of these foods are under Nutrisource products by Tuffy.

#76350 Report Abuse
    Mike S

Hi,

I would like to get your opinion on the Pet Wants range of cat and dog foods, they are small producer who make monthly batches and it seems to be very good, and greatly improves pet condition.

Mike

#76359 Report Abuse
    Denise E

Would you give your thoughts on Earthborn grain free primative natural? Thx

#76439 Report Abuse
    Stephen K

I have working Labrador Retrievers-they hunt and are trained 3 times a week. A couple years ago I tried to switch to the above product but in the end had to give up because of constant issues the dogs had with diarrhea. Currently my dogs are on products Manufactured by Victor dog food.

#76444 Report Abuse
    Merry G

Natures Logic…
    I was talking with a neighbor and she had started feeding her dog Natures Logic.. He had a shedding problem. My dog also had the same problem (both Catahoulas, they only have one coat with no under coat).
    Sure enough, the shedding masses amount of hair stopped.
    I just lost my. Dog to mast cell cancer..
    Wish I had known about this brand 10 years ago.
    Maybe with healthy food he might not have gotten sick.

#76445 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

Hi Merry- Very sorry for your loss. My dog is also eating Nature’s Logic currently and doing well on it. It is an excellent food.

#76447 Report Abuse
    Jen H

Anyone likes Nature’s Logic? Any command?

#76562 Report Abuse
    Brandon R

Farming A&D is certainly available in the US. While I wis it had greater distribution, it can be purchased in a few chains of ultra-premium food as well as multiple online sources, including Amazon.com. This food is so superior, in my opinion, it deserves recognition and distribution will follow.

#76655 Report Abuse
    Cecile Q

I feed my 8 month old Golden Retiver Life’s Abundance All Life StageDog Food, Jupiter,FL 33458- phone: 877-387-4564.

#76679 Report Abuse
    Sigmund P

Im excited that im getting a Newfoundland in eight days. I do not yet know what he has been eating. My kennel highly recommend Taste of Wild. Needless to say im confused. Ive always used store and Petco and have had health pets. Is

#76680 Report Abuse
    Sigmund P

Taste of Wild

#76682 Report Abuse
    Denise E

Why don’t you like earthborn Nstural? No recalls…5-star.

#76902 Report Abuse
    Sammye L

I nominate Taste of the Wild

#77005 Report Abuse
    Candia S

I would like to Nominate Natures Logic. I have been feeding it to my White English lab since she was a puppy. Her coat is white, her skin is conditioned and she is in impeccable shape. Natures Logic contains no by products, no artificial ingredients, no synthetic vitamins or minerals, no herbicides, pesticides, or preservatives. Its rated 5 stars on dog food advisor and I believe that it will make Editors choice if it were considered.

#77047 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

I’m not 100% sure about why Nature’s Logic is not on the EC list. Maybe someone has more insight into it. However, I have read over posts that one of the regular posters on here wrote about her conversation with Scott Freedman, who owns Nature’s Logic and his answers to some of her questions were pretty scary. Not sure I’d feed this food long term. I have used it short term and the results weren’t bad at all.

#77179 Report Abuse
    Kathleen C

Sprout

#77216 Report Abuse
    Carol W

Could you possibly check out Lean Cuts canned dog food (Canada)? It’s a reasonably priced canned food that seems clean with healthy ingredients, and most dogs are crazy about it. I would really, really, like to know if it’s as good/healthy as it’s supposed to be. I sure hope so!

#77360 Report Abuse
    Robin W

Looks like Life’s Abundance Grain Free is 5 star & they took the carrageneen out out of the canned, just checked & that makes me happy!

#77375 Report Abuse
    Richard R

Life’s Abundance All Stage Dry Dog Food

#77402 Report Abuse
    Betty S

Earthborn primitive natural is my nomination.

#77430 Report Abuse
    Heather C

I have been feeding Natures Logic for a few years now and feel it is a great food. Thank you.

#77578 Report Abuse
    INGRID S

hello, i saw a new brand of dog food called RAWZ.
    it was given 5 stars.
    do you know anything about the company that makes it?
    i think they have something to do with Mother Rubhard or something like that.
    they claim to get all their ingredients from the US and Canada nothing from China
    however it DOES NOT SAY MADE IN THE USA on the food.

thank you
    ingroide

#77628 Report Abuse
    Michael S

Why do you not include Honest Kitchen Grain Free (dehydrated) in your Editor’s Choice list? In your Reviews section you give it 5 stars, while some of the brands in the Editor’s Choice list only get 4 stars.

#77702 Report Abuse
    Susan R

Wondering if there is a suggestion for a Senior Dog food. I’m looking for good nutrition probably with less fat calories and more good carbs. I can controll amount so – not really looking at “diet” food. Thinking that just like humans, we want to eat healthy.

#77703 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Susan,
    Senior foods, with a couple exceptions, are way too low in protein. Orijen makes a good senior food. If your dog is overweight, Annamaet Lean & Wellness Core reduced fat are good products. If not overweight, any high quality, higher protein food is fine.

#77704 Report Abuse
    Nancy B

Susan: I adopt senior rescues, 9 years and up. I feed Champion’s Origen and note soft, thick fur, good energy, no vet bills, just an annual checkup. And I have no idea what they were fed in their past. I add Tbsp canned Castor & Pollux, and give an Omega-3 capsule for supplement. My two are now 12 and 13 and going strong.

#77705 Report Abuse
    Susan R

Nancy B: the Origen Senior was my plan! I do an Omega-3 and had not thought about a little canned on top – is that just to encourage them to eat? It makes me smile that the first response was what I had just decided.

Inked Marie: I appreciate your response, also. Actually Wellness Core was my back-up plan.
    I am no familiar with Annamaet Lean, but will keep that in mind.

Reading the website for hours and hearing from both of you gives me confidence in my decision! Thank you!

#77706 Report Abuse
    Alan K

to encourage them to eat LOL………

My youngster gets Blue Wilderness dry with a 1/8 can of wet.
    My 10 yr old gets Blue Senior (recently switched from Blue Healthy Weight Large Breed) and 1/8 can of wet.
    Both my GSDs do really well on Blue and have for years. See no reason to change.

#77707 Report Abuse
    Nancy B

Susan R: We’re told our pets like variety, same as humans. I add the Tbsp canned Castor & Pollux to enhance the meal, alternating between Lamb/Veg/Brown Rice Stew and Chicken/Veg. Once in a while I add a little low fat cottage cheese if I have some, or hand them a few fresh apple slices for a treat. Try 1/8 cup of organic fresh greens when you’re having salad; chop and mix it in. Go slow, but surprising what they might like.

#77708 Report Abuse
    Dori

Susan R. I may have missed it but why do you want to feed your dog a senior food?

#77711 Report Abuse
    Linda P

I have seven dogs and feed Taste of the Wild with very good results. I am surprised that this brand is not located on your Editor’s Choice?

#77712 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

Taste of the Wild is a good food in terms of the ingredients, however because it is manufactured by Diamond, it will not make the EC list because of Diamonds infamous recalls.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Pitlove.
    #77718 Report Abuse
    Nancy B

Given a choice, I would definitely avoid Diamond products. Compare its record with Champion foods that brings in fresh regional ingredients, never frozen, and makes the Orijen on site. If you can spare 12 minutes, watch the Champion video, Our Story. I found it compelling and have since seen the results in my old rescue dogs. People laugh and can’t believe Libby and Annie are 12 and 13, so beautiful and full of life.

#77720 Report Abuse
    Susan R

Nancy B. I watched the video! Very interesting. Origen and Acana are probably what I will use. I have one dog that has lived on Acana grain free. I rotate the proteins/flavors. and now I have rescued an older dog- that was my interest in a “senior” food. (Dori) I am aware that dogs like people need to adjust their diet as they age. So I want to do the best I can for the senior. Some have said it isn’t necessary, but I feel it has a lot of cons to support that theory.

I appreciate all the comments. They keep me thinking and planning. I learn so much from all on the blog.

#77721 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

You haden’t mentioned the age of your pet which is why Dori asked why you wanted to use a senior food. I agree that Orijen Senior is a good food.

#77724 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

Just be careful choosing “senior” dog food formulas. It’s a marketing myth, nothing else. It’s like a slow starvation when lowering protein, calories/fat or quantity. You’re on the right track though, think healthy for your dog’s weight, activity and any ailments. I’d rather the dog not finish than cleaning the bowl hungry.

#77740 Report Abuse
    Margaret C

Solid Gold Lil Boss Turkey and hearty Vegetable recipe. I was told this brand is an excellent choice. Any fomented.

#77744 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

Solid Gold is nice, but about 1/2 their recipes are manufactured by Diamond, this is my assumption as to why they wont make EC list

#77750 Report Abuse
    Susan R

Good to know!

#77792 Report Abuse
    Mary J

i WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF Evo has changed at all since it was bought out by Proctor and Gamble. I also notice they stopped selling Innova which was a pretty good dog food. Any idea why. I am real leary about these big corporations.
    Thanks Mary

#77794 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

I have heard that EVO did change, however I still find it to be an excellent food. All the previous NaturaPet brands are owned by Mars now.

#77800 Report Abuse
    Jo O

No nomination just a question-Do you do any research on Vegan dog foods? thank you-joaoh

#77826 Report Abuse
    Margaret C

Would like to know about Solid Gold Turkey and Vegetables For Little Boss

Marge from Ohio

#77836 Report Abuse
    Aileen H

I didn’t see Weruva (canned) in the Editor’s Choice?

#77837 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

Jo O- All of the available vegan dog foods that are on the market have been reviewed

#77842 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Aileen I use weruva with my yorkie and love it. I’ve often wondered why it’s not on there.

#77846 Report Abuse
    Aileen H

weezerweeks,

Yes, my pug-ster loves Weruva chicken soup!

Viewing 50 posts - 751 through 800 (of 1,192 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.