Has your dog stopped eating their kibble?

Dog Food Advisor Forums Off Topic Forum Has your dog stopped eating their kibble?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kris H
    Participant

I am a pet sitter in Atlanta, GA and have had 6 client dogs go off their regular dry food in the past 6 months. My own dog did as well to the point we thought a mysterious illness was claiming her. Vet did all bloodwork, stool samples, pee samples, dental exams, x-rays for blockages, you name it and nothing was wrong.

The foods are Purina ProPlan, Royal Canin and one other lesser known brand. The dogs have had no problem in the past and are all voratious eaters.

I have a theory that the backstock of kibble companies had from the pre-pandemic years has been exhausted and the new food is being made with ingredients caught up in supply chain problems during the pandemic. ie: made with ingredients that sat on a ship for months instead of timely delivery. Or alternate ingredients were used, but not reported as the change didn’t meet a quality control percentage that requires reporting. I know the ProPlan looks like they’ve added lawn clippings to the kibble. Perhaps it’s chaff from pea pods used as filler. I have had no response from Purina.

Has anyone else found that their dog has stopped eating their kibble, just will not eat it no matter what? I am not asking for suggestions on food, just need to know if this is happening elsewhere.

Thank you.

#190107 Report Abuse
    klark M
    Participant

I was looking for a reliable partner for software development for a long time, and this is what I realized: outsourcing is the key. My team stumbled upon a company that simply amazed us with their professionalism offshore outsourcing software development. They don’t just code, they create true masterpieces. Imagine, no need to worry about how to maintain the IT department – just delegate.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.