šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    DieselJunki

I just wanted to share the email I got back from Wysong regarding whether or not they use BPA in their canned foods. I’m not sure how many other folks here are BPA conscious but figured it was good info to pass along. I also wanted to point out I got the response literally in an hour. When I had ferrets on kibble all I fed was Wysong because they make some of the best ferret food. And when the dog ate kibble I used their Aus Jus line as a topper. I do like the company, wish their larger cans were BPA free but at least their 5.5oz cans are.

“Good Day,

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

Our aluminum cans (5.5oz) are BPA-free. The larger, steel cans (14oz) do contain BPA.

The can linings that are used in Wysong canned pet foods are in compliance with the standards set by the FDA. The materials are approved for high temperature heat sterilization. The material films and adjuvants are either prior sanctioned, GRAS, subject to a FCN, or conform to FDA regulations. There have been tests conducted on certain linings, particularly BADGE, but the results of these tests were inconclusive because true scientific method was not employed.

There are risks associated with any processed foods, and even unprocessed foods, if fed exclusively. If foods are given to animals on a rotational basis as part of an IV (intermittent and varied) diet with fresh fruits and vegetables and raw meats as we recommend, then any possible toxins from food ingredients or can linings wonā€™t have the chance to accumulate.

Please also see: Toxins: http://www.wysong.net/pet-health-and-nutrition/wysong-products-and-toxins.php.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

Wishing you and yours the best of health,

Jenni
    Wysong, a Family Owned and Operated Organization”

#44172 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hey, thanks for sharing, Dieseljunki. I found it interesting and informative.i have not fed Wysong, but would consider it.

#44180 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Thank you for the recommendation on ferret food. That’s what I’ll try next.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.