🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mah4angel
    Participant

Hello all!

It’s been a really long time since I’ve posted here. To those of you who remember my puppy Louie, he’s doing great on his raw diet ^_^
    My question pertains to the process of switching to a whole prey feeding method (i.e. handing my pup a whole bunny/quail/mouse/whatever to eat whole).
    Is feeding whole prey less expensive? Is it a whole and balanced feeding method? How do I make the switch to feeding this way?
    I currently feed my Louie half a pre-prepped raw diet by The Petstaurant (alternating between protein sources) in the morning and greentripe.com’s Exkalibur blend in the evening with appropriate supplements that I can’t remember the ratios of because I figured them out ages ago and now it’s more autopilot than anything.
    I’m mainly wondering if the cost of feeding whole prey is more financially friendly. I don’t mind the idea of feeding this way at all- I’m not a squeamish person by any stretch.
    I googled whole prey feeding in various iterations but most results were about prey model raw which is not what I was looking for.

Thanks in advance for any replies and suggestions!

#74175 Report Abuse
    mah4angel
    Participant

OH I also forgot to mention that Louie is a ten pound silky terrier, and although I call him my puppy he’s actually five years old 🙂
    According to Hare Today, he would be eating anywhere between 0.1 and 0.2 pounds per day.

#74176 Report Abuse
    mah4angel
    Participant

Oh wait, between 0.2 and 0.3 pounds, sorry!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.