Wellness Whitefish and Sweetpotato

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum Wellness Whitefish and Sweetpotato

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anna S

Does anyone know why this brand only receives 3 1/2 stars? I just purchased this to try on my sensitive allergic dogs switching from Acana Ranchlands.

#52706 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Without looking at the review, I would venture to guess that is has a lower percentage of protein than some of their other varieties. But, it is a well respected company and if the food is working, I wouldn’t worry about the amount of stars it receives. You could always add some eggs, canned, or fresh food to bump up the protein content a bit. Here is how the reviews are fromulated: /frequently-asked-questions/rate-dog-food/ Good luck!

#52708 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

I would TOTALLY second C4C’s post!

Wellness products are excellent. I hope the new food helps to quiet their allergies / intolerances. I never had good luck with any Acana products, even for my dog without food sensitivities.

Good luck!

#52711 Report Abuse
    Anna S

Thank you. I thought they were doing well on Acana but this summer two of them had to go to doctor for steroids and antihistamines were not working. So I am going to try changing foods before I have to spends hundreds of dollars on allergy testing.

#52712 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Good luck, Anna, I hope it works!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.