šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    theBCnut

My posts keep disappearing today.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Mike Sagman. Reason: Fix Duplicate Topic Title
    #11930 Report Abuse
    sisu
    Participant

I am sorry to hijack this thread but I am unable to begin a new topic in the forum or reply in the review section. This is happening with Chrome and IE 8. Below are details in regard to what has been tried.

Chrome 23.0.1271.97 m. Cookies are set to allow local data to be set, and block 3rd party cookies and site data. Exceptions are disqus.com and dogfoodadvisor.com

IE 8. Set to the lowest privacy. No cookies blocked.

I can log in at the forum with no difficulty. Rather I have logged in from the forum or not the warning box remains on all review pages. “Warning: A browser setting is preventing you from logging in. Fix this setting to log in” Attempts to log in directly from any review page results in an invalid password message. I am 99% certain the correct password is being used. Thinking I could be wrong I did attempt to change the password from a review page login. The email with instructions has not been received. It is as if the review section does not see the password used in the forum. There is no difference if AdBlock and Avast are disabled.

Changing the browser setting to accept 3rd party cookies removes the cookie warning message from the review pages but the invalid password message remains. This indicates that part of the problem is that the Disqus software does not see the cookie exceptions.

I have opened/closed/rebooted so many times that I am confused. I did manage to post one reply on a review page. I think I had logged in at the forum. Then, went to reply at the bottom of the post to which I was replying. At the post as selection I entered my email address or username and password which allowed the post to go through. I am fairly certain the browser setting warning message was on the screen when the post went through. Tried to post another reply tonight. It appeared as if it had post but is not on the Nutro Natural Choice (dry) page.

It is as if the forum and reviews sections are using different software. The login, password and perhaps the email address from the forums section is not seen by the reviews software. The reviews software knows my username exists because I attempted to register after having registered at the forum. The reviews software apparently is not reading the cookie exceptions.

The only idea I have at this point is that the reviews software requires a more secure password than used when registering at the forum. Thus, it reads nothing beyond the username.

#150363 Report Abuse
    GSDsForever
    Participant

Mike, PugsMomSandy, et al.,

I’m having a lot of difficulty posting, w/posts not showing up both here in forum and on non-forums pages. Could someone please help? I am sorry to bother you, but would appreciate any help.

With the one in forums, I tried twice and the system seems to recognize that I posted (e.g. 1)telling me that this appears to be a duplicate post, when I try a second time to post it, 2)showing my names as the last poster to the thread) but the post is not visible.

The second was a reply to someone on Mike’s article about dental health & dry food — also not showing.

Both contain a link or two, if that may be the cause of the problem today. But normally I can post with links and others seem to be able to do so today.

Weeks ago I attempted to post on a food review page, and it was filtered out as possible “spam.” Then the system said it was working to fix this, as not spam. Nothing changed. I emailed guest support for help, using the contact us page here, but I either did not receive a reply or somehow did not see one. Still, no post appears on the page. (There is a record of the post on the separate page showing my Disqus replies.)

#150364 Report Abuse
    GSDsForever
    Participant

The post in reply to someone on your article page is stating “pending,” hours later.

I mention this only because that seems to reflect a problem happening, as posts typically show immediately. I’m just not sure what is *causing* multiple posts to get hung up or to go into some black hole permanently.

I don’t know whether this is happening to anyone else and we may possibly be missing other posts.

#150369 Report Abuse
    Mike Sagman
    Keymaster

Hi GSDsForever,

Sorry you’ve been having trouble. It appears Disqus flagged one of your posts as “spam”… and that may be what caused bbPress (our forums software) to also have withheld 2 of your previous replies. I’ve released all 3 comments from the spam filter. So, you should now be good to go.

Also, our Member Support software was not functioning correctly for about the last 25 days without our knowledge. So, we never received any of our messages. All of this appears to now be fixed.

Thanks for letting Sandy and I know.

#150374 Report Abuse
    GSDsForever
    Participant

Mike,

Thank you so much for helping me. And thank you for all that you put into this website. You rock!

#150375 Report Abuse
    Mike Sagman
    Keymaster

Thanks, GSDsForever!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.