šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Rose G

How do you find out information regarding the toxins on the food that you review? Lead, mercury, cadmium, arsenic… I think this is an important issue. I just had a dog die from cushing, another dog two years ago from liver cancer. These two beloved dogs died at least 2 years prior to their expected age to die. This news story, then leads to an organization (clean label project) that places a couple of the foods I use in the 10 worst category. Help…your site is one that i rely on to choose the best food for my dogs. Now I don’t know what I can trust.

https://www.facebook.com/CBSSanFrancisco/videos/1454477547908583/?pnref=story

Homepage

I also sent this in under your contact form.

#102734 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

Dog Food Advosor clearly states it does not test dog foods.

To test the dog food of your choice, choose one of these labs that will help find what you’re looking for:

http://petfood.aafco.org/Testing-Laboratories

#102738 Report Abuse
    Rose G

Thank you for that information. I didn’t expect Dog Food Advisor to test the food for me…I had planned on finding a lab to make sure the food I feed is ok.

#102741 Report Abuse
    Jill B

Rose G,
    Thank you for the information regarding the clean label project. I never knew this project existed!
    -Jill B

#102770 Report Abuse
    elaine c

I feed Answers Pet food google it and yo will not look back! You are right to be very careful!

#102793 Report Abuse
    Rose G

@elainec I looked at that website and it appears their food is a “milk?”

#104815 Report Abuse
    Mike Sagman
    Keymaster

Until CLP becomes more transparent with its test data and its controversial claims have been verified by an independent third party or by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, we ask readers to refrain from posting any further references to this organization or its opinions anywhere on this website.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Toxins and Clean Label Project’ is closed to new replies.