šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    debdfwrealtor
    Participant

I have been feeding my 7 yr old lab TOTW Pacific Stream for a year now. He does great on it….wonderful coat, healthy…does have some gas. I just got a new lab puppy. i read the ingredients on the TOTW regular and puppy formula and the ingredients are pretty close to the same. Should I feed her (the pup) the puppy food or is the regular okay? Also, I was trying to find a food that was a little less expensive and have friends that feed their labs BB food. Are they comparable? And, none of the premium foods have “large breed” puppy food that I have seen in Science Diet, Iams, etc. Does it make a difference? I know there are several questions within this post, but just really need guidance to feed my kids. Thanks!

#16166 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

First, go here and read /forums/topic/large-and-giant-breed-puppy-nutrition/
    There is a google doc in there that Hound Dog Mom posted. She did a ton of research of which foods actually have the appropriate amount of calcium for large breeds. A lot of the so called large breed foods really are not ok for large breed puppies. They were formulated from old bad research that has since been disproven. Pick a few foods from her list and rotate through them, it’s ok to give your other dog the same food. Rotating foods is healthier for your dog, just like people should eat a variety of foods for optimal health, dogs should too.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.