šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Donna B

I NEED HELP! My sweet boy was identified with allergies a few years ago. We found a food and he was doing well. Now he is breaking out and has to be on Apoquel. He has been on it for several months. Wanting to get him off it, I did a fur and saliva test for sensitivities. Between the two lists, I cannot find food. I even tried to make food and it was a no-go. Perhaps someone here knows of a food. Here is his list:
    ALLERGIES: Pork
    Soy
    Oats
    Sweet Potatoes
    Peas
    Yeast
    Peanut
    Kelp
    SENSITIVITIES:
    Grains inc; rices(wht & br), corn, barley, quinoa,rye, wheat, millet,
    buckwheat, spelt
    Potato
    Kangaroo
    Lamb
    Fish Oil, Fish Meal, Salmon and Trout
    Green Beans
    Dairy except Goat and Sheep milk
    Apricots
    Cucumber
    Turnip
    Honey
    Mint
    and a few other spices
    Your help and suggestions are welcome!!!!!

#100308 Report Abuse
    aimee
    Participant

Hi Donna,

Hair and saliva tests are completely unreliable so don’t bother basing a diet off of them. I sent in IV solution as “saliva” and cotton from the swab in the kit as “hair” to Glacier Peaks and my “dog” was reported to have numerous sensitivities. A couple vet dermatologists did testing with Immune IQ and found the tests unreliable.
    http://news.vin(dot)com/vinnews.aspx?articleId=44539

That said if you want to look further into adverse food reactions as the cause of your dog’s problems talk to your vet about doing a proper elimination diet using a vet diet made for this purpose or a home made diet. You can find more information here. http://www.veterinarypartner(dot)com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=2499

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.