🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    John L

Does anyone recommend, especially for puppies where we are trying to control intake and growth rates, measuring food by weight instead of measuring cup? As previously mentioned we have two young labs (13 weeks now). Measuring by cup I noticed differences in their bowls so I grabbed my scale and noticed that the same measuring cup method yielded a difference of ~15% by weight between their two bowls. A half cup was around 2.7 oz.

#95745 Report Abuse
    Tina D

What a great find! I wonder if there is any information out there about the appropriate amount.

#95752 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi John L-

There are a few posters on this site that recommend weighing the food rather than measuring it as it is more accurate.

I, personally have been on my fair share of diets and know that weighing food is absolutely more accurate than using measuring cups and spoons. I can heap up either quite well, thank you! LOL! If you feel that it is important to be “spot on”, weighing is the way to go!

I have two very large full grown labs as well and use a measuring cup. One is much more active (hyper) than the other and gets a little more. I don’t feel that I need to weigh their food, just mine! 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.