PROTEINS FATS CARBS CALCIUM PHOSPHORUS

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum PROTEINS FATS CARBS CALCIUM PHOSPHORUS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nancy C

Hi All: I’m relatively new on this site and grateful that I found it. What I’d like is someone to tell me WHERE on the site I might school myself on the ratios of Proteins, Fats, Carbs, Calcium Phosphorus – and such so that it makes better sense to me. I’m picking up that particular RATIOS are important but in searching the site I can find no information on this so that I can understand them and have better knowledge regarding to how it affects the quality of the food. Perhaps someone can direct me to WHERE I might go to learn these things?
    Thank you!
    Nancy C

#38458 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Hi Nancy –

I’d recommend the book “Unlocking the Canine Ancestral Diet” by Steve Brown. It delves into a lot of detail about the proper balance of many macro and micronutrients. The book is targeted towards those making homemade diets but it can also be used to gain a greater understanding of what “ratios” and “percentages” to aim for when searching for a commercial food.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.