šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    HabanaJoe
    Participant

Just a word of warning. The review of pro plan select on this site gives 4 stars and shows no meat by products in this food as of the last update (jan, 2013)
    In reading a label yesterday, I found that the fourth ingredient of the canned beef and pea entree is meat by products. They seem to have change ingredients in the last few months.
    As with all companies, I always check the ingredients prior to purchasing. Nutro used to be pretty bad about changing from one batch to the next.
    Be aware.

#24990 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I hate that dog foods do this. They don’t even have to change the label immediately. They have 6 months to use up old labels.

#24992 Report Abuse
    HabanaJoe
    Participant

How disgusting. In that amount of time, you could be feeding your dog or kitty something that could be hazardous to them, that they may be allergic to, or something similar to “meat by products”.

#24993 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Exactly!!

#24996 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Hi HabanaJoe –

Dr. Mike’s review doesn’t list the ingredients of the beef and pea formula, it lists the ingredients of the chicken and brown rice formula. Also, the beef and pea formula was only given 3 stars – not for – and I’m sure that this reduced rating was due to the meat by-products.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 7 months ago by Hound Dog Mom.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.