šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by aimee.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    2Chihuahuas
    Participant

I have been following the Best Fresh Food reviews in DFA, and am interested in trying some, but none of the companies are transparent about their pricing. Most of the websites ask a series of questions about the dog, but then require registration and email address before providing any cost info. I don’t want to provide my email address, because I don’t want to be deluged with emails if I decide not to subscribe to their product.

I would appreciate a review comparing a “typical” subscription (including shipping costs) for each of the top-rated foods, from which we can then extrapolate an average cost depending on the size of our dogs, etc.

In the meantime, I have started my dogs on Just For Dogs (appreciate the review), since it’s the only top-rated fresh food available locally, and I can purchase it at a reasonable price from Petco. (I would have liked to try NomNom, but although their website states it is available at PetSmart, my local store doesn’t carry it).

#186961 Report Abuse
    aimee
    Participant

Hi 2 Chihuahuas,

I understand your frustration. Usually, the best way to compare pricing is on a caloric basis, meaning how much does it cost to purchase 1000 kcals of food. But when comparing these fresh food services, you have to factor in shipping, so it gets more complicated.

Keep in mind that ,IMO, fresh food services often underestimate how many calories your dog will need to consume in a day. Using the information they provided, and their recommended feeding program, I’ve found that the nutrient intake in some cases did not meet NRC min based on body weight of my dog.

I agree these fresh food companies appear to hold up numerous hoops to get what should be a simple question answered. A red Flag for me.

When I’ve been confronted with the mining for my personal information, I fill out the fields without giving out any personal information ; )

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.