šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kimc
    Participant

I need some help! I have 2 mini schnauzers, and they are such picky eaters! I know, I know…I created this mess. However, it does not help the issue. Currently they are eating “Stella and Chewys raw for dinner. They like to graze on kibble during the day, but I cannot find one they will eat. (unless it is not good for them….they started eating Bill Jax, which I wasn’t happy about, but they were eating it…then the itching started so I am back to square one) I have tried them all. I need a 5 star, no chicken, grain free “small kibble”. My dogs are 6 and 8 lbs…very small. Anyone have any suggestions? I really thought Natural Instincts would work…but the kibble is big and very hard…they can’t break it! HELP!!

#16702 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Pick a food. Leave it down for 15 or 20 minutes. If they don’t eat it all, pick it up. They get nothing in between. Nada, none, zilch.

#16717 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Marie is right about picking it up if they don’t eat it. Don’t allow them to graze. You need to create a habit of eating when it is given. You can add warm water, a little canned food, a little fresh food, sardines, some egg, etc to make it more appetizing. Unless it is a financial thing, your dogs are small enough that you could feed all canned food, if you wanted. Or more canned and less kibble.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.