šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    InkedMarie

Am I the only one who didn’t know that Pet Food Direct merged or something like that, with Pet a Smart? I was at the Annamaet website & it said as of Sept 2014, they stopped supplying PFD with their food, due to the merger.

#58999 Report Abuse
    Dori

Huh? Nope! You’re not the only one. I hadn’t heard anything about it. Odd, isn’t it? I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere. If you find out any more info Marie, please post. Thx for posting.

#59001 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

I didn’t know that either! I did know that Foster and Smiths got bought out by PetCo which ticks me off…. Lol

#59003 Report Abuse
    Dori

Just read an article on line that Petsmart acquired Pet360 which owns PetMD.com as well as Pet Food Direct. Apparently Petsmart hadn’t decided yet what to do with it all or how to maximize potential for its stockholders. I believe Pet360 has other pet companies under its umbrella also.

I’m not crazy about Petco buying Foster and Smith.

Well, two or more companies that I will no longer give my money to. I do not shop in any stores that sell animals. I also try to frequent local smaller stores in my area. I like to keep the smaller stores in business so I try to do my small part for them. They also have such smaller stores that their inventory moves quickly. Nothing every old and rancid. Nothing even close to expiration dates. I recently convinced them to start carrying Natures Logic Raw which I’m thrilled about. They say I spear headed the movement (actually meaning I badgered them into it) lol. They also said that they well knew that I’m a long time raw feeder with really high standards and knew the only kibble I ever purchased was Natures Logic so they started ordering whichever proteins I would ask for so that there must be something to Natures Logic. I then started bugging them for the raw. Voila! They installed a third freezer to house it. They now carry the entire line. I’m now starting to bug them about Answers Detailed Raw. Those are things that can be accomplished with local small businesses that you could never in a million years do with a Petco or Petsmart.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Dori.
    #59008 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Glad to know I wasn’t the only one who didn’t know. I only happened on the info while looking to see what online sites carry Annamaet!

#59011 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I get it from Chewy.

#59041 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

When I was in Petsmart the other day walking Jasper around I was looking at their Wellness. The manager always talks to me because he loves my dogs and he was interested in the new one. I asked him why they didn’t carry the Simple Small Breed in the store and he said he didn’t know but I could order it from Pet 360 since they merged with them….I didn’t know about Petfooddirect, though. Hmm….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.