🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Howard C

Is anyone aware of a high quality grain free dry food that does NOT contain peas or pea fiber. I have a Golden that seems to be sensitive to these ingredients.

#77523 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

Are you against feeding grain inclusive foods? That could be a good option if you aren’t.

This is what my dog eats and its grain inclusive, but no peas or pea fiber: /dog-food-reviews/fromm-dog-food-gold-nutritionals-dry/

a lot of grain-free foods use peas as the carb source in replacement for grains.

#77530 Report Abuse
    CockalierMom

Wysong Epigen formulas are pea free and high quality. If you want to consider dehydrated, Honest Kitchen and Grandma Lucy’s have pea free varieties.

#77536 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi, there’s “Earthborn Holistic” Natural Ocean Fusion, no peas, no tomato pomace & no probiotics…. http://www.earthbornholisticpetfood.com/us/dog_formulas/ocean_fusion/
    My boy gets real bad wind & farts when he eats a kibble peas…

#77608 Report Abuse

I switched Maggie (my Coonhound) to Farmina because I suspected peas and/or lentils were causing her itching and severe dandruff. After one bag, these problems stopped.

#80488 Report Abuse

Coonhound Dad! 🙂
    Glad to see another Coonhound parent on here. Curious as to what kind of Coonhound Maggie is and how long the pea-related carbohydrate problem went on before you solved the issue. We’ve got a rather itchy (no dandruff or any kind of large-scale discomfort) Bluetick and Treeing Walker mix who eats a partial raw and partial kibble diet (kibble containing pea protein).

#80505 Report Abuse

Hi Coonhound Mama,

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af40/VolcanoGuy/P1010006_zpsjqflqyc2.jpg

Maggie is a Black and Tan Coonhound who is now about 7 years old. She’s had itching problems since we got her at the Amador County Animal Shelter 6 years ago and am not sure if it’s caused by food or airborne allergies. I tried a food without Lentils or Peas a while back and it seemed to help. Then, I switched her to a food that has chicken in it without lentils or peas and the itching started up again so I’m going to try once again a food without lentils, peas, or chicken and see how that goes. Good luck with your friend.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.