Opinions on helping rescue

Dog Food Advisor Forums Off Topic Forum Opinions on helping rescue

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    arwyru24

So, I live very far away from this dog rescue, I am in Northern New England, and this is Arkansas. I don’t know how I wound up following this rescue a few months ago, but I did and I have been really riveted by the differences in animal welfare culture between NE and rural Arkansas. It seems like they try to work miracles, and they are desperately pleading for donations of dog food. I would like to help and send a donation to them but I don’t really know what to do.. I like to support local rescues and causes and I can’t go check this place out myself or anything, but then again it would be sending food not money but that just means that I couldn’t donate locally for a month or two. I don’t know what to do. Any opinions? Is this a worthy cause or a failing rescue that is in over its head and I would be better to just keep my focus locally? It just seems like they really need the help.. I don’t know. If I order online then I have to spend the money to get free shipping because its not worth it otherwise, and $50 is a lot of money to me right now, but I would rather donate food directly, and I am totally neurotic, indecisive, and making myself crazy.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Innocent-Hearts-Animal-Rescue/242762075797342?ref=br_tf

http://www.innocenthearts.org/

#44727 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

You just have to follow your heart. If I were to make a donation it would only be food. It sounds like that would be the most appreciated at this time.

#44783 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

Thanks Bobby dog, I think that is just what i will do!

#44785 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

The only other suggestion I have for you is to see if there is a store that they buy supplies from that you could purchase a gift card for. For instance, I know shelters always need towels and cleaning supplies, if there was a chain store such as Wal-Mart in the area a gift card might be appreciated and useful as well. Or find out where they purchase food and see if you can credit their account with your gift.

I have purchased Visa gift cards before for family and friends in need that were not necessarily good with money. I needed to make sure the money went to groceries or the dentist not cashed in and spent else where.

#44791 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

You can also Site-to-Store food as such as well to WalMart (I know of some rescues that do that when asking for help on a nation wide level through social media). Just have to contact the rescue and see if they any stores near them that would do it. You’d be limited to whatever food that store carries, though, if quality is an issue for you.

#44827 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Very good idea Akari, never thought of that! Even easier than trying to buy a gift card or try to do a store credit. 🙂

#45477 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

Hey guys, somehow I missed the rest of your responses. What great ideas!
    Akari, I was thinking about the Walmart site to store thing, but I really wasn’t sure how it worked, or how I could do that. Next time I think I will just do that because I can order less than a minimum and not have to pay for shipping. Plus I think they use Dog Chow, so probably next time it would probably make sense to just send em what they’re already using. But I just couldn’t bring myself to do that this time. I ordered a 30lb bag of TOTW High Prairie Puppy and had it shipped to them from Wag.com. I used a first time customer discount and paid $38.99 total. My package tracker says it was delivered today, so I feel better now that I feel like I did something to help, however small that may be.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.