šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    John H

My vet stopped carrying the heart worm meds I use so I want to get them online. From what I’ve seen, every online pet pharmacy has terrible reviews. Help.

#82148 Report Abuse
    Norene D

I would ask first, why your vet stopped carrying the heart worm meds you use. Perhaps there is a very valid reason. As far as online pharmacies, I have used Pet Meds for about ten years and have never had any issues with them at all. I purchase flea meds, pain meds, shampoo’s, etc. from them. I’ve done product searches on other online pharmacy’s and Pet Meds has the best prices on almost everything. Their customer service is also very good. Plus free shipping for orders over $39.00 which is pretty easy to do with pet items. Just google pet meds and you’ll get their website. I highly recommend them.

#82157 Report Abuse
    John H

Thanks for the reply.

#82169 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

What heartworm meds are you using? You will need a script from your vet to buy online. Dr’s Foster & Smith, KV Vet both carry them.

#82176 Report Abuse
    John H

I was using Sentinel Spectrum. Do vets frown on giving out scripts to buy online?

#82180 Report Abuse
    aimee
    Participant

Hi John H,

I’ve ordered from Dr’s Foster Smith ( but not meds) and been very happy. Pet Meds makes me uneasy as I’ve seen pics whereby they don’t sell drugs in the original packaging. I think they do this to bypass the manufacturers security measures. Some manufacturers only sell to vets so goods from Pet Meds may be what are called “grey market” goods. I think as Foster and Smith are vets they can buy direct.

I think some vets may be uneasy with scripts because of the whole “grey market” goods problem.

#82191 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Aimee said it all.

#82205 Report Abuse
    John H

Thank you both. I think I’ll go with the Dr’s.

Changing the subject. I didn’t see a place to upload a picture of my fur baby for an avatar. Where would I do that?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.