🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 1,192 total)
  • Author

I also agree that Earthborn Primitive Natural is a food I would nominate. When I contacted the company they said their food had no GMO products, no vitamin supplements from China and that all the ingredients were grown in the US and the food manufactured in their own plant. They further support and advocate many ways to reduce our carbon footprint. One of which is that I see FAR fewer poops in my yard! I have been feeding “premium foods” for years and am totally impressed with how much of the food they are eating is digesting, instead of on the ground!

#42283 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

How about Northwest Naturals?

#42285 Report Abuse
    Robert M

EVO Turkey and Chicken large breed

#42598 Report Abuse
    Phil S

I’d like to nominate NutriSource Super Premium Pet Foods (a division of Tuffy’s Pet Foods) for the Editor’s Choice list. In the short time I’ve been feeding it, my 13 dogs have done wonderful on it. I am feeding their Performance 30/20 grain based food to my performance dogs and their Grain-Free varieties to my retired dogs. It’s not often that you can find a singular brand of dog food that you can feed to so many dogs and they all love it! NutriSource is made at the company’s own manufacturing plant, not outsourced.

Phil

#42600 Report Abuse
    Martha T

What are your thoughts on the blue Buffalo Stews, on the dog food advisor page you have them listed as a five-star dog food.

#42605 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. Be on the lookout for the June Editor’s Choice, there are going to be some new additions. 🙂

#42631 Report Abuse
    Kritterlady

What will it take for Blue Buffalo to make the list?

#42632 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

There are a few blue buffalo threads out there, I would go read those and you will see some of the reasons that it potentially isn’t on there. Many (myself included) do not trust them as a whole

#42647 Report Abuse
    Dori

Hi Mike, Sandy and HDM. I don’t know whether anyone else has suggested Vital Essentials Raw Dog Food so I just thought I’d throw it in as a suggestion.

#42649 Report Abuse
    Myra S

I thought Blue was a Diamond product…It’s difficult to know who own’s what.

#42650 Report Abuse
    Kritterlady

Blue isn’t a diamond product though I’ve heard that rumor before. It’s just that. According to the company customer service line, Blue is a private company owned by the Bill Bishop family.

#42652 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

I think the rumor that Blue is a Diamond company comes from the diamond shape on their bags. In fact, I’ve actually heard some people call it Blue Diamond, lol! But, like Kritterlady said it is NOT and is privately owned. Personally, I don’t trust them….too many people’s pets have had issues with it (and I know some) and they also have too many co-packers for my taste.

#42662 Report Abuse
    Kritterlady

I’ve used Blue since 2007 for my cats and dogs with only fantastic results. I’ve been in rescue for 30 yrs an haven’t had a pet food deliver such good results.ive recently added raw meat to their diet due to financial consideration with so many animals. However I too share the copacker concerns and look forward to Blue finishing their process plants. They say they will be making all of the wilderness line in house by 2015.

#42678 Report Abuse
    Radu S

I see now wellness have dog grain free canned food
    I did not see it on the site
    I would love to here your input on that!
    You have to edit your editors choice wellness page
    Thsnks

#42680 Report Abuse
    Phil S

Yes, Blue Buffalo is privately owned, but they currently do not make their own food. They have several co-packers to make their food …
    American Nutrition, Hazle Township, PA
    CJ Foods, Bern, KS
    ProPet, St. Mary’s, OH and Owatonna, MN
    Triple T Foods, Frontenac, KS
    Tuffy’s Pet Foods, Perham, MN

#42855 Report Abuse
    Jerry P

I was wondering how Life’s Abundance is rated. I understand it is processed in the same facility as Dr. Tims is that correct???

#42869 Report Abuse
    Carol G

Nature’s Logic and The Honest Kitchen

#42888 Report Abuse
    DieselJunki

Anyone say Wysong yet?

#42987 Report Abuse
    Michael S

What about Back to Basics?

#43047 Report Abuse
    Dori

Summit Dry Dog Food? Seriously? How did that make the EC list. Very low protein, low fat, and sky high carbs. I’m really confused. HDM or Mike can you comment please.

#43048 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

It’s a four star food made by Petcurean.

#43071 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Hi Dori –

Summit is a 4 star food. All 4 and 5 star foods are eligible. The Editor’s Choice is based on the company as a whole. Summit is manufactured by Petcurean. Petcurean is an Editor’s Choice company.

#43087 Report Abuse
    NectarMom

My question is , who goes to all these CO-Packing Companies to see what goes on? Just asking

#43115 Report Abuse
    Dori

I checked Summit and they are 4, 3.5 and 3 stars with very low protein. I realize it’s a Petcurean food, just seems below most other EC foods.

#43133 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Hi Dori –

The Summit product line is rated 4 stars. As stated previously, Editor’s Choice is a compilation of companies – not of individuals formulas or product lines. A wholistic assessment was made of the companies that manufacture predominantly 4 and 5 star foods and those companies that met our criteria were chosen – Petcurean was one of those companies. Manufacturing a few formulas or product lines that do not rate 5 stars does not disqualify a company from being worthy of Editor’s Choice.

#43134 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Hi Nectar Mom –

I’m not exactly certain what you’re asking. If you want to clarify I’ll try my best to answer your question.

#43148 Report Abuse
    Charlene G

jumpyourbonespettreats.com
    All healthy and nutritionally contains high quality ingredients

#43150 Report Abuse
    Dori

Hi Charlene. Have you tried them yet and also do you know where they source their ingredients? Thanks. Dori

#43164 Report Abuse
    lana S

hi this is dog leadership just wanted to know about logic dog food and why its not on the list

#43194 Report Abuse
    Linda M

I’m surprised that Canidae is not on the list and I would like to nominate it. I’ve been feeding my dogs this good food (it’s rated 4 stars by Dog Food Advisory) for 2 years and they have done very well on it, and they like it as well.

#43252 Report Abuse
    Donna G

Can someone from the Dog Food Advisor respond on Evanger’s wet food? I thought this was very safe, what information is available?

#43253 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Evanger’s has a terrible reputation. You can find lots of information about them on Susan Thixton’s site, thetruthaboutpetfood.com; here’s a link: http://truthaboutpetfood.com/?s=evangers&submit=

#43254 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

What Betsy said.

#43255 Report Abuse
    patvl246
    Participant

Would really like to know if these 2 brands are recommended,
    “Darwins” and “Hare Today Gone Tomorrow” I use these raw products to feed my 240 lb English Mastiff. I want him to be safe and to eat good food. I also want to know that the more than $350 a month I’m spending on his food is a top quality food. Thanks

#43258 Report Abuse
    Donna G

Thank you for that website response on Evanger’s.

#43272 Report Abuse
    Dori

Darwin’s and Hare Today are exceptional choices. IMO you can’t go wrong. I use both in my rotation for my three dogs. Both companies also have great customer service and are always available to answer any and all questions.

#43441 Report Abuse
    lana S

what about vital? It is a soft food that is not full of marketed ingredients and is a good source to use as a rotation or adding it to the dry your dog is already eating.

#43442 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

is that freshpet vital or another brand? Freshpet is on there if so

#43443 Report Abuse
    Jerry B
    Participant

Wild Calling

#43448 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Hmm, Wild Calling, canned by Evanger’s. I don’t see that happening Jerry B. Sorry.

#43458 Report Abuse
    Ann M

I would like to see a review done on Dog For Dog products made by ecowelldog.

#43481 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Hi Ann –

Could you post a link to this food? I’ve never heard of it and when I did a google search all I pulled up was a website with grooming products.

#43495 Report Abuse
    Ann M

The link is http://www.dogfordog.com

Thanks! Ann

#43520 Report Abuse
    Mary T

I have been feeding Nature’s Domain that I buy at Costco and wonder what you think about it?

Mary T.

#43679 Report Abuse
    Dave M

Natures Logic Canned – and Dry

Farmina ND – Wild Boar

#43711 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Thanks for the link Ann. The brand hasn’t been reviewed yet so I’ll forward the link to Sandy so she can add it to the to-do list (if it isn’t on there already).

#43754 Report Abuse
    Dave M

great decision to charge for access – hopes this helps you cover some of your time and costs

#43760 Report Abuse
    Saig
    Participant

Hi, Would be appreciated if there was a review done on Sundaypets dog food. Thanks.

#43783 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Hi Saig –

Is Sundaypets available in the US? Or just Australia/New Zealand?

#43877 Report Abuse
    Saig
    Participant

Looks like Sundaypets is only available in Australia/NZ for now. It looks really good 🙂

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 1,192 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.