🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 1,192 total)
  • Author
    Mike D

Acana Chicken & Burbank Potato for budget friendly dog foods!! Definetly!

#70966 Report Abuse
    Monica D

I’d like to nominate Evermore. Very small company with headquarters in Brooklyn, NY and Oakland, CA. Refrigerated or frozen pouches of lightly cooked human-grade natural food. They ship nationwide from their website shopping cart. Expensive but very worth it.

After a nasty digestive infection, my pup couldn’t eat anything beyond rice and Gerber without getting diarrhea. I tried the best of everything (raw, freeze-dried, canned, single protein, limited ingredients, you name it) with no success. My local pet store turned me on to Evermore and it was like magic.

#71064 Report Abuse
    Lindi H

I would like to nominate kasiks

#71093 Report Abuse
    Richard T

Any thoughts on Kirkland Signature (Costco) Grain Free Dry Adult Dog Food – Salmon

#71099 Report Abuse
    INGRID S

Hello Mike,
    i read Dog Food Advisor and tell everyone i know to do so.
    There is a new Nature’s Variety Instinct called ULTIMATE PROTEIN CHICKEN AND TURKEY,
    and Wellness Core has a new line of Grain Free AIR DRIED CHICKEN AND TURKEY.
    would you be so kind as to review them please?

thank you
    Ingrid S

#71177 Report Abuse
    Robert H

How about “Merrick Backcountry Raw Infused Great plains red recipe”?

Thank You

#71276 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

I’d love to nominate ZIGNATURE ZSSENTIALS! The brand is listed under 4 star but this formula is rated 5 star.

My pups were raised on Orijen for 2 yrs until it recently started giving them liquid stools. Terrifying yes. They lost too much weight when I switched to the bland Wellness Limited Ingredient, which is all potato, by the way. Then I took a chance on the very unknown Zignature (not the limited ingredient ones). Smelled great like Orijen, only 3 proteins AND no grains, gluten, chicken, egg, potato, guar gum, carrageenan, etc. Stools were excellent the next day and I was one happy Mom when all their tests came back negative!

#71278 Report Abuse
    Marty Z

I’d like to nominate Blue Bullafo Wilderness Duck Recipe and am curious why no Blue Buffafo foods are on the EC list.

#71280 Report Abuse
    Karen B

I too am waiting for a review on Nature’s Variety Instinct new Ultimate food. It contains no meal! Thanks in advance!

#71564 Report Abuse
    Dotsy M

I would be most interested in an in-depth analysis of the Victor Grain Free dry dog food. You have rated it 5-star, but I would like to see sourcing & manufacturing information.
    Thanks

#71601 Report Abuse
    Paige W

I too would like Darwins reviewed.

#71611 Report Abuse
    Dori

Darwin’s is reviewed. Check on the review side under raw foods. If you are looking to see Darwin’s on the Editor’s Choice list, I doubt very highly that it will ever show up there because Darwin’s is not readily available to all. It has to be ordered from their web site on an auto delivery service and not everyone can afford the delivery fees which are not outrageous for a raw frozen food but when added to the cost of the food it’s a bit high for most. But anyway, Darwin’s cannot be bought in stores.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 12 months ago by Dori.
    #71734 Report Abuse
    Michael J

Can you give a rating on Only Natural Pet food?

My yellow lag has allergies and digestion problems so I am in search of a nutritious food that won’t cause diarrhea or stomach problems.

Barb Jirka
    bljbr@aol.com

#71771 Report Abuse
    Brooke B

I’m wondering why The Honest Kitchen’s dehydrated food is not on your Editor’s Choice list. Their customer service is excellent, as is their food.

#72068 Report Abuse
    Peter S

Life’s Abundance Grain Free Dog and Cat Food, Dry and Wet

#72096 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

Life’s Abundance: A. It’s not readily available as you can only buy it through a rep, and B. To me at least (maybe they are more forthcoming with the DFA team) they haven’t disclosed manufacturing information

#72331 Report Abuse
    KRYSTAL A

nutrisource

#72447 Report Abuse
    Valerie K

I would like to nominate Life’s Abundance dry dog food – both the adult and large breed puppy. Available online http://www.lifesabundance.com

#72494 Report Abuse
    Brenda M

I and Love and You

#72508 Report Abuse
    sharon w

Dogs for the Earth — 100% organic
    Longboat Key Fla

Would also like your opinion on New Zealand Country Pet Naturals

#72635 Report Abuse
    Valerie K

Life’s Abundance Large Breed Puppy Food – Dry

#73018 Report Abuse
    Nita K
    Participant

I didn’t see Nature’s Logic, it seems to be a good quality food, any particular reasons why?

#73060 Report Abuse
    Peggy K

What do you think about brothers dog food for dogs with allergies

#73063 Report Abuse
    Dori

All of the formulas contain turkey in their ingredients. If your dog doesn’t has an issue with poultry then I would recommend it if you’re a kibble feeder.

#73292 Report Abuse
    Barbara W

I hope you will rate: “Open Farm turkey and chicken recipe”. It says sustainable locally grown Humane family farmed GRAIN FREE. No hormones used in turkey or chicken. no puoltry or meat meals or byproducts.
    website is: http://www.openfarmpet.com

This is a new brand my family owned pet store is carrying. It is mfg: Open Farm Inc. 98 Dupont Street, Toronto Ontariom MSR IV 2, Canada

My dog like it and it does not give him loose stools. Thank you, Barbara

#73337 Report Abuse
    diane303

I would like to nominate the Zignature dog foods. It is a limited ingredient dog food. I have 4 dogs. Two of them could do well on just about anything. One is an Elkhound that seems to do best of a grain free fish based food. Another is a setter with sensitivities to a lot of stuff including certain grains and potatoes! Every one of them are doing great on this food. I chose it because it is a grain free without potatoes. My setter is 11 and acts like a spry puppy.

They seem to have a high standard regarding a ingredients of their food. I’m pretty impressed. I use to feed Merrick with so so results, then Canidae All Stages Lamb that worked pretty well with my setter. I tried this because of the grain free, fish without potatoes aspect and am very happy with it.

#73338 Report Abuse
    Briana G

I’m curious if Nulo dog foods were considered for Editor’s Choice. Any info you can offer would be much appreciated.
    Thanks!

#73492 Report Abuse
    Donald O

We have been using Solid Gold Sun Dancer for our two adult small dogs. We are very happy with it and I often use it for “snacks” for some of our dog friends at the park!

#73537 Report Abuse
    Amy S

What do think about Lotus ? Switched from From she’s picky Eater likes Lotus better. Are other golden 3 years old is on a diet vet put her on Science Diet Metabolic we’re not happy with it any suggestions?

#73569 Report Abuse
    Stephen K

Victor Dog Food has just introduced a new product called “NUTRA PRO 38 FORMULA”. I am a breeder and trainer of high performance Labrador Retriever gundogs/trial dogs would really appreciate your review of this brand new formula.

#73629 Report Abuse
    Trina C

Hello everyone!
    Not wanting to nominate any food brand but just was thinking about changing my dog and cat food to a new brand but I do not see it on the list. Has anyone ever used By Nature Active Defense grain free dog foods or cat foods? I found the By Nature Active for dogs is that the same food?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by Trina C. Reason: Not sure if the food I found is the same
    #73647 Report Abuse
    Stephen K

I would like to Nominate Victor ” NUTRA PRO 38 FORMULA”
    http://www.victordogfood.com/nutrapro.html

#73701 Report Abuse
    tracy w

any information, thoughts, or recommendations for Halo Dog food

#73709 Report Abuse
    Leland W

I think that the Orijen Puppy Formula should be included as a 5-star food just like the Orijen Large Breed Puppy formula is. Is there a reason it is not included on the list?

Thanks

#73720 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

All of Champion’s products, both Acana and Orijen, are included on the list, Leland.

/reports/champion-petfoods/

#73779 Report Abuse
    cindy q
    Participant

Holistic Blend grain free

#73871 Report Abuse
    Peter S

Life’s Abundance New Dry Grain Free dog food.

#74044 Report Abuse
    Judith S

Don’t see anything about natural balance can you tell is this good food for dogs

#74063 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

The reviews for Natural Balance are on here. They are owned by Del Monte, and their stuff has gone downhill a bit since that point. Without looking at manufacturing, they are pretty average all around

#74069 Report Abuse
    JohnPaul Y

I was wondering why Only Natural Pet while making the Best Dog Foods list and being 5 star did not make Editor’s Choice.

#74104 Report Abuse
    Trina C

Hello everyone
    I’m new posting here and I tried to find my post but I couldn’t find any replies. 🙁 If anyone replied I’m sorry I couldn’t reply back, I found post but no replies. Anyway thanks to all for your help I decided to go with the Fromm dog and cat food. 🙂

#74107 Report Abuse
    Dori

Trina C. Sorry, I don’t remembering seeing your post. I’ll see if I can find it. Do you recall the date that you posted it?

#74159 Report Abuse
    Charles C

What about “Life’s Abundance”. This is touted to be the best dogfood for extending your dog’s life by at least 5 years. It doesn’t say “balanced and complete” on the packaging.

#74160 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

Heh, who touts that? It’s fairly average, they don’t disclose manufacturing information, and it’s only available through private reps. unlikely to make editor’s choice

#74164 Report Abuse
    Patricia B

Mine is more a question than a nomination. Well, more than one question actually. Out of the following 3, which is the best choice?

1. Fromm 4 Star beef
    2. Wellness TruFood (small breed)
    3. Farmina Pet Food’s N&D

My dogs have tried both the Fromm and the N&D, I have no complaints. Haven’t yet tried the new Wellness.

What would you folks recommend for a Standard Poodle with gastroenteritis. Was on Wellness Complete Turkey & Potato dry, then the dreaded Prescription i/d dry, then Wellness Simple Turkey and Potato dry and now Wellness Simple Lamb & Rice wet & dry.
    Last 2 questions…in general, which is better Raw (store bought) or Dry?
    Any feedback is very welcome. The Poodle is a Seizure Alert Dog of a client of mine and the company they got him through keeps insisting on the Wellness brand (probably getting a kickback). The other questions would be more for my own 2 dogs but for the Poodle too.
    Thank you in advance.

#74383 Report Abuse
    Mike D

Farmina needs to make the list. It’s really the best out there. Also, for budget foods I nominate Acana Chicken & Burbank. It’s a better value than everyone on the list.

#74429 Report Abuse
    Heather E

I would like to nominate Zignature brand dog food.

#74491 Report Abuse
    Melissa L

I haven’t tried this dog food yet, but I’m curious about Merrick’s new “Raw Infused” dry dog foods. I was wondering if you could review this new line Merrick has out?

#74558 Report Abuse
    Kiana S

I ran across a food called Renew Gold. They used coconut oil and their salt is from mined rock salt. Can you tell me anything about this food??
    Thank you, Kiana

#74561 Report Abuse
    Marlin K

I’d like to nominate 4health, it seems good to me. I’d like to know why it doesn’t make the editor’s list. thanks.

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 1,192 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.