đŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan S

I’m sure this has probably been covered before, but I’m looking for a recommendation for a supplement to help cover itchy, dry skin on my dogs.

I’m in the process of rotating my dogs off their current kibble (they’re on the last of their Taste of the Wild) and on to Acana/Orijen, so I’m hoping that the change in food will help. This bloom of dry skin comes with a combination of changing the TotW mix from fish to lamb, and some hot dry weather here in Seattle. I’m also feeding my dogs raw food as half of their diet and they’re doing well with that.

I’ve experimented with a number of food supplements. The most recent that seems to work well for them digestively is Flora4. I do include coconut oil in their diet, but sometimes the additional fat can have some effects on their stool quality. I see commercials on TV for Dinovite, but I’m pretty sure that’s not where I want to go.

Anyone have any suggestions?

#76257 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

Maybe something like Sardine oil or Krill oil? Both are suppose to be excellent for the skin and coat. I know Nature’s Logic makes a Sardine oil and Grizzly makes a Krill oil.

#76260 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hey Jonathan-
    I live in the Seattle area also. What is up with our weather? Crazy hot! Please let it rain!!!
    My pups don’t haven’t had much problem with itchy skin, but I do feed them canned sardines once a week with their kibble. And occasionally throw a fish oil pill in their meals as well. Good luck!

#76388 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

I use a supplement for my itchy girl from I and Love and You called My Skin’s Itchy. It works really well for the spring/summer when she gets some environmental irritation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.