🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Recent Topics

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Abbra L

I have a spaniel/terrier mix that is 4 years old. She has just been diagnosed with a mass of fibroids throughout her intestines that after doing exploratory surgery is inoperable. The mass is taking blood supply from her intestines and bowels. I have her home and she is resting comfortably. I believe she will always need to be on a liquid diet so that her intestines and bowels don’t have to do much work.

Does anyone have experience with this type of long term care for a dog. I saw something called “Dogsure” which looks to be the equivalent of boost or ensure for humans. Any suggestions or recommendations will be greatly appreciated

#81186 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Who told you that your dog will need to be on a liquid diet?

#81204 Report Abuse
    Abbra L

Well, they haven’t said it “has” to be all liquid, but i’m trying to get up to speed on this type of diet. i’m not sure what her digestion ability will be going foward and if she starts to vomit again, i’ll have to do something. she just ate a very small amount of ground turkey, rice , and peas that i made with chicken broth. i’m praying she can keep it down

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Topics