Large Breed Adult Food

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum Large Breed Adult Food

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ruthy N

Anyone has suggestions for large breed adult food?
    I have an American Bulldog, Odin, that is a year and 4 month old, weighs 95-100 lbs. and a 4 years old French Bulldog mix with something perhaps English Bulldog, Charlie, weighs 36-40 lbs. I recently started feeding them Whole Earth Farms Grain Free either the Salmon or the beef/pork/lamb combo. My dogs also love fresh veggies like cucumbers, carrots, green beans, and fruits.
    I have 2 issues I am dealing with:
    Minor but important: the size of the kibbles with the “All Dog Breeds Foods.” It is not suitable for a large breed. Odin is not chewing it well.
    The major issue: The American Bulldog has skin problems. He is allergic to something. He has redness around his face and skin and red spots on his belly. We tried different kind of dog foods and nothing seems to work for him. We also tried different kind of allergy medicine. The vet can’t figure out the problem as well. So far, we are avoiding chicken and grains. The allergy is possibly environmental, perhaps grass or pine straw. We picked up Odin at 6-7 weeks old infested with flees and ticks. He was covered with tick larva. It was horrible. This may be related to his allergies. The vet has been running tests, but no luck so far.

Any suggestions for food or anyone encountered similar problems?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.