🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Robert E

I decided to join this site after my took had diarrhea from a substandard dog food I fed him because I had it and I knew he was hungry. The brand Cesar’s. This is at least the second time I have done this and things went from bad to worse. About an hour later this 6 pound Service Dog, highly trained to assist me had a seizure. Coincidence? I do not think so. In between the gastric problem and the seizure I joined and added Editor’s Choice. I figured the price of joining is worth the health of my service dog. I was reading up about the nutritional value of Cesar’s and about what dog foods contained and my heart sunk. I had no idea that dog food manufacturers could use what they use in food. My dog will never consume anything substandard ever again and I can thank this web site for that. Thank you for what you do for our dogs. I am sure you are responsible for saving many dog’s lives and improving their quality of life as well. I am the moderator of two large Facebook sites and promoted the site to them. Any dog lover needs to join and read up. The life you save maybe your dog’s life

#59858 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

It’s amazing what we don’t know about dog food and the dog food industry, isn’t it? Until someone points us in the right direction.

#59859 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Welcome to Dog Food Advisor, Robert. This is a great resource for a dog’s health. I keep saying to myself, that I wish I knew then what I know now with my previous dog. But at least I’m doing better now with our current pups. It has helped me tremendously. I’m glad that you see it’s value as well!

#59863 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

Welcome to DFA! This site has tremendously helped me as well. The only problem is I’ve realized that “ignorance is bliss” has never been more true than when it comes to seeing what other people feed their pets. I still haven’t found a polite way to say “that food sucks,” so I usually just refer them to this site. 😀

#60060 Report Abuse
    Dori

Let me chime in also and say Welcome to DFA! Dr Mike and his site DFA has saved many dogs not only from near death but untold illnesses. His dog food site has made us aware that the quality of our dogs health and life will never be achieved by simply tossing some grocery store kibble in a bowl and calling it a day. Not only has he afforded us the information on hundreds of dog foods but there are also so may beneficial articles and threads on other areas of nutrition. Oh! And did I mention all the wonderful friends you make here. I love DFA. Don’t know how my dogs and I would survive and thrive without Dr Mike and all he does for our dogs. Frankly I don’t know how he finds the time but I’m sure glad he does. Thank you Mike from me, Hannah, Katie and Lola. We are in your debt.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.