How do you choose the right natural care products for your dog?

Dog Food Advisor Forums Diet and Health How do you choose the right natural care products for your dog?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    paul W
    Participant

As a dog owner who cares about my furry friend’s health, I often look for natural care products to incorporate into his routine. But with so many options, how do I choose the right natural care products for my dog? I want to make an informed decision, so what factors should I consider to ensure my products benefit my furry friend?

#186680 Report Abuse
    Andrew 9
    Participant

Choosing the right natural care products for dogs requires careful consideration of several factors:

Consult with your veterinarian to determine any potential health risks or contraindications.
    Consider your dog’s needs, such as age, breed, and health conditions. Research the product’s ingredients, quality, and efficacy, and read reviews from reliable sources. Consider your budget and whether the product aligns with your values and lifestyle.
    Look for certified products from reputable organizations like the USDA or the National Animal Supplement Council.
    Listen to your dog and make adjustments as necessary.

Overall, choosing the right natural care products requires a balance of careful research, consultation, and intuition.

#186755 Report Abuse
    Bhushan S
    Participant

Consult with your veterinarian: Before using any natural care products on your dog, it’s important to consult with your veterinarian. They can advise you on what products would be safe and effective for your dog’s individual needs.

Look for products with natural ingredients: When choosing natural care products, look for those made with natural ingredients. Avoid products that contain synthetic fragrances, preservatives, or other harmful chemicals.

Read product labels carefully: Read the product labels carefully to ensure that the product is safe for your dog. Look for products that have been tested for safety and efficacy.

#186756 Report Abuse
    Bhushan S
    Participant

Consult with your veterinarian: Before using any natural care products on your dog, it’s important to consult with your veterinarian. They can advise you on what products would be safe and effective for your dog’s individual needs.

Look for products with natural ingredients: When choosing natural care products, look for those made with natural ingredients. Avoid products that contain synthetic fragrances, preservatives, or other harmful chemicals.

Read product labels carefully: Read the product labels carefully to ensure that the product is safe for your dog. Look for products that have been tested for safety and efficacy.

#190169 Report Abuse
    Monaco M
    Participant

Hello all
    My name’s Manandaza. So, I wanna share with you all this. Last week, I found a product for my dogs but, I didn’t wanna do it yet, becouse. I just want to know the breed of my dogs. So that’s it’s easy for my to do a lot of things for them. I got some idea from friend for this product https://bitly.ws/ZX5D Animal Breed DNA Test . If i twill be finished, I get back to that product.

Is that possible ???

Thank you guys

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by Monaco M.
    • This reply was modified 4 months ago by Monaco M. Reason: rectification for something word
    #190269 Report Abuse
    Janice O
    Participant

Identify your dog’s specific needs – whether it’s joint support, improved coat condition, or anxiety relief – and choose a supplement accordingly. Avoid harmful additives – Steer clear of supplements that contain artificial colours, flavours, or scratch geometry dash preservatives.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Janice O.
    #191917 Report Abuse
    TommyBoy
    Participant

I have a senior/geriatric dog and recently went through this matter for him. Here’s what I discovered. Look up the conditions that your dog is experiencing. We found PetMD and the National Institute of Health’s (NIH) online database of articles helpful to do this. Then,…
    1) Advice = Consult with your veterinarian.
    1.1) Reality = Our vet isn’t holistic and so was not up on natural care products. They also were not up on a number of the research articles (from NIH website) that I brought to them regarding supplements. The vet, however, was very conversant on national brands’’ kibbles/canned and basic supplements (probiotics, Omega-3, CoQ10, etc.).
    1.2) We found a holistic vet through an emergency care vet. They confirmed that several of our “extra” supplements are “standard” within this side of veterinary science. One wasn’t. They also suggested a couple of additional supplements. This holistic vet offered the following additional advice:
    1.2.1) Look up online to see whether there are complaints on the product, brand or their manufacturer. If none, how do they market-brag / certify their quality and potency?
    1.2.2) Using online resources, educate yourself on toxicity levels and known interactions. When in doubt, then email/come to the holistic vet for additional consultation.
    1.2.3) Many supplements provide multi -symptom/cause treatment so read product ingredient labels and look for double dosing (where two products have the same or similar ingredients) and/or Ingredients with known interactions.
    1.2.4) Give it enough time (6-8 weeks or so). You will likely experience “buyer’s bias” (you paid for it so you wish it will work) so get a second opinion on whether and how it is working.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.