šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ronda G

I have an English Bulldog who has had struvite crystals in the past, she was on hills rx food for a while but I did not like the ingredients, also she has allergies. I use Solid Gold Berry Balance added to a Quality ingredient food now and that has been working except for the allergies. Just switched her to Natural Balance Legume & Duck, because it did not contain potato. her allergies have cleared some but her ph levels are high, I check them regular because of her history. If anybody has any recommendations on a low protein, low phosphorus food possibly grain free and poultry free that would be great, there are to many food to choose from. Just wondering if anybody else has had these issues.

#74873 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi Ronda-
    Have you talked to your vet about your dog’s rising Ph level? Maybe a supplement can be prescribed that helps lower her pH rather than feeding food that does it. Also make sure the dog gets as much moisture in her diet and also as many opportunities to pee as possible. These two things can help flush out any struvite crystals if they form again. Good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.