šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    weezerweeks
    Participant

my yorkie is on canned merrick and I want to rotate with 2 more any suggestions? also cpuld I use thk zeal as a roatation with canned.

#23619 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Addiction, Wellness grain free stews, Weruva are some I like and yes you can use Zeal in the rotation. Do you use Merrick classic or Merrick 96%? I use both of them. I’m going to try Nature’s Logic too.

#23632 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

My favorite canned foods are Ziwipeak, Nature’s Logic and Nature’s Variety Instinct.

#23650 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

I am giving him all the different varities of merrick. Is that considered rotating or does it have to be different brands? Also I add a teaspoon of canned pumpkin each day but I don’t keep in the refrigerator over 4 days so I’m wasting a lot of pumpkin. can u freeze pumpkin?

#23651 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Freeze your pumpkin in ice cube trays so you already have it portioned out.

That is not enough rotation. Usually, within a brand, they all use the same vitamin/mineral premix, so if they are a little high or a little low anywhere your dog always gets that same level. Ideally you want to rotate with brands made by completely different manufacturers.

#23653 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Thanks soo much no more wasted pumpkin!!

#23659 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

I have another question. I just ordered the honest kitchen zeal and I was wondering would it be better to just give him this alone without rotating with canned foods. I have a psychological problem giving him so many different things.I guess I’m from the old school but I’m trying to change!!!

#23660 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I have the same problem!!! I have a dog that had many problems, so when I find something that works I’m afraid to move on to something that I’m not sure will work. But I have seen so many good things come from starting a rotational diet with my dogs, that I’m not looking back, I’m just finding my way forward. It is OK to rotate less frequently, some only change only every 3 months. I think it would be best to change more often than that, but you could go once a month or something like that.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.