đŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sissy-Sassy
    Participant

Does anyone know of a Grain free soft dry dog food available? I have a 12 year old Westie that needs an soft dry food for allergy old teeth. Any help would be appreciated.

#22132 Report Abuse
    lovemypets4life
    Participant

holistic health extensions has grain free WET dog food, the flavors that are grain free are turkey and duck. the turkey entrée has turkey, chicken, sweet potatoes, and carrots in it just to name a few ingredients. the duck entrée has duck, chicken liver, turkey, sweet potatoes, carrots, and dried egg products

#22147 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

I don’t think there are any good soft dry foods. The only one I can think of is Moist & Meaty but that is poor quality. You can let the kibble soak in some water or try some of the dehydrated foods that you have to rehydrate like The Honest Kitchen, Grandma Lucy’s, Smack, Sojo’s, and Addiction. DNA (Dried-N-Alive) doesn’t really hydrate well. It doesn’t turn soft but is more like a hard fruit cake consistency when you soak it.

#22152 Report Abuse
    GizmoMom

/dog-food-reviews/ziwipeak-dog-food-dehydrated/

#22167 Report Abuse
    somebodysme
    Participant

Why not try canned? I soak one of my dog’s meals(dry food) each day in water so she will get enough water. She loves it soaked. Maybe just do that?

#22168 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

The stuff they use to make semi moist foods is not something I would feed my pets.

#164396 Report Abuse
    Lacey S
    Participant

Yumwoof Perfect Kibble is what you want to try. They make a soft and chewy kibble.

My husband and I switched our dog to Yumwoof when he was starting to show similar signs of tooth sensitivity. He absolutely loves it!

The ingredients are really good, which is why we bought it. Only 14 ingredients, grain free, soy free…nothing bad. The first ingredient is fresh chicken, and it has lots of coconut oil which is really good for older dogs too.

We bought it on http://www.yumwoof.com. Hope that helps!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.