🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Katherine S

Based on dogfoodadviser’s 5 star rating on wellness core puppy grain free I am feeding it to my new golden retriever puppy. I spoke to someone today that felt grain free promoted too much growth for puppies….anyone have knowledge on this?
    Thanks
    Katherine Schantz

#65760 Report Abuse
    Jane E

I think Champion Pet foods addresses these questions about as well as I’ve seen. Look over this FAQ page and also a white paper that explains in detail any concerns one may have when it comes to protein (grain free) and see what you think http://www.orijen.ca/faq/

#65761 Report Abuse
    Diana B

I have 2 Goldens. Oliver, now 2 was raised on Orijen large breed puppy and continues to eat grain free. Leo, now 5 months is eating Fromms large breed puppy, but I am transitioning him to Orijen, so he too can be grain free. Wellness Core Puppy would be my next choice. And besides being grainfree, (Goldies are notorious for skin issues,) both foods, Orijen and Wellness, have the DFA’s 5 star rating and are for large breed puppies. That helped me decide. Also, there is a new article about feeding large breed puppies on this site you will find helpful! Make sure you switch foods gradually if you change them. I made that mistake with Leo, and have changed my definition of “gradually.” Hope this helps!

#65765 Report Abuse
    Holly B

I am slowly switching my 19 week old puppy to Wellness Core Grain Free Puppy based on the Editor’s Choice and 5 star review. Curious to hear some answers to your question. He loves it and it has to be better than the Purina Pro Plan Focus he was getting 🙂

#66334 Report Abuse
    Michael B

Hey Diana, Fromm is coming out with a Grain Free Gold line this month.

#66335 Report Abuse
    Diana B

Hi Michael – thanks. I did know this. I actually spoke with the Fromm’s head nutritionist when I questioned whether I could put my puppy on their lamb and lentil grainfree- my 2 year old Oliver thrives on it!! He told me about this new food but I haven’t been able to see the ingredients list as of last week. Where did you find the info? I would be very interested in feeding this but I would hope it would be a highly rated food!

#70524 Report Abuse

Hi Diana: Fromm Lamb and Lentil grain free is part of our rotation. My 10 month old Standard Schnauzer does well on it. no problem with her poop at all. It’s an all stages food I believe.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.