🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    InkedMarie

Gemma was our 12 ish year old sheltie who we have had just two years. She wasn’t in the best of health when we got her, not horrible but could have been better. She came to us with no teeth which is probably good because when she put her mouth on you, her jaws were like a vice grip!
    Like a typical sheltie, she loved to eat. She had joint problems so walking wasn’t something she enjoyed. She loved the snow, loved my grandaughter that I babysit.
    She got sick this past weekend & had advanced chronic kidney disease. t’s been a hard week & we sent her over the bridge this morning.

Goodbye, my sweet Gemma, I will miss you more than you know. Run free & look for Jasper, Molly, Emma, Tucker and Katie; I know they’re waiting for you.

#65440 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Marie, I am so sorry for your loss. Gemma looked adorable and I am sure she knew she was so loved. She will be able to not only walk, but run freely with the other lovely pups over the bridge.

Hang in there…

Much love,
    Aleks and Bruno (and Brian – the hubs).

#65441 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

RIP Gemma. It’s always hard loosing a fur friend.

#65447 Report Abuse
    losul

Very Sorry, to hear I.M. and yes, R.I.P. Gemma.

That’s a sweet memorial to your beloved Gemma. I’m glad you have so many fond memories of her.

#65467 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

I’m so sorry to hear about Gemma. I’m glad she got to spend her last couple of years with you. Take care.

#65470 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I’m so sorry you lost Gemma today, but I’m glad you made her two last years the best. Thank you for risking your heart to give an old girl a chance.

#65471 Report Abuse

Marie, I’m so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you. It’s never easy when we have to say good bye to one of our fur kids.

#65512 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

I’m so sorry for your loss. Thank you so much for taking on a senior and giving her the best life possible for 2 years.

#65520 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Sorry for your loss, she was lucky to have your family in her life.

#65522 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Oh Marie, I’m so so sorry.

I remember when you brought Gemma home. You made her sunset years so full. I know she knew she was loved with you. You were so blessed to have found each other. She was meant to be with you.

#65529 Report Abuse
    Dori

Marie, I’m truly so sorry to hear about Gemma. You all must be so sad today and I know there aren’t any words that are going to ease the pain but just remember how much love you all gave each other and what a good life you gave her towards the end of hers. Rest In Peace Gemma. I know you’re with all your pals now and there’s no longer any pain for you.

Marie, be well my friend. We all feel for you and Steve.

#65543 Report Abuse
    Peggy

Marie I’m so sorry for your loss. 🙁

#65613 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

thank you, everyone!

#66298 Report Abuse

Marie- I just saw this. I am so sorry for your loss of Gemma. I remember like it was yesterday you talking about “possibly” adopting an older sheltie. I can’t believe its been 2 yrs. She had two wonderful years with you and your family..

#66319 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Thanks, Melissa.You probably figured my “possibly” was a “probably” eh?

#66336 Report Abuse

🙂

#66340 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

I’m so sorry but she was so lucky to spend her last years with you. I so admire people who can take seniors in and give them so much love and care. RIP Gemma

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.