šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    brewer

I have a 90 lb 10 month old German Shepherd who has some allergies. I took him to the vet and was advised it is food allergies, most likely turkey that is in his food. I am eliminating the turkey and switching to a salmon diet. It is nature’s domain salmon dog food which is grain free. Could there be a dye in this brand of dog food that is causing the problem?
    I searched the internet and also found that air fresheners could be causing the problem. I am wondering if I should get rid of the plug in air fresheners as it seems the rash began when we plugged them in shortly before Christmas, also around the same time we gave him the turkey dog food and some new treats (stopping treats as well).
    I am just trying to get this under control as quickly as possible and would appreciate any thoughts or recommendations.

#31515 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I don’t know if it will help the dog’s skin, but plug in air fresheners are toxic to humans too. Yes, unplug it, then carry it right out the door and pitch it in the trash.

#31592 Report Abuse
    brewer

Will do. Hopefully his rash clears up quickly. Thanks

#31604 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

It could be a food intolerance to any ingredient that has protein in it. Mine can’t have chicken, many grains, or tomatoes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.