šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have newly adopted a ‘Labrador Retriever’ dog.
    I am worried about his food. There are plenty of foods and I don’t know which food is best for him?
    Please suggest a good food for him so that he can stay healthy.

#113951 Report Abuse
    Dave V

I can only speak from personal experience, but Iā€™ve used Bench & Field for a number years with two dogdogs, one part Yellow Lab & Australian Shepherd. B&F has never had a recall and is highly rated by Dog Food Advisor.

#113952 Report Abuse
    haleycookie

How old is this lab? If heā€™s under 2 years I would get him on a large breed puppy formula ASAP. wellness core puppy, fromm large breed puppy are two good ones. If heā€™s already full grown looking for a food with three meat ingredients first. Merrick is good, natures variety instinct, and wellness core adult are good.
    If youā€™re looking for a budget food, whole earth farms, under the sun, and wholehearted are two good ones.

#120229 Report Abuse
    joanne l

I would get something with a good amount of meat content, make sure any type of peas is not in the first 5 ingredients. With this FDA warning about grain free it seems that Lab Ret. are prone to this condition. Matter of fact try not to go grain free right now. I like merrick and natures variety as well. I had problems with wellness just my experience.

#126410 Report Abuse
    Dinamul D

Labrador Retrievers are good-natured, active and affectionate to all. They are intelligent dogs and easily trained, with members of the breed frequently chosen to become assistance or search dogs.

The ROYAL CANINĀ® Labrador Retriever kibble has been specifically designed for the Labradorā€™s rapid food intake. The kibbleā€™s unique texture and shape helps reduce the rate of food they eat, encourages proper chewing habits that aid digestion and helps them to breathe when their mouths are full.

#126422 Report Abuse
    Doggo B

Our chocolate really likes Weruva’s Venison Salmon Kibble.

Weruva Caloric Harmony

Good food and good company.

#152132 Report Abuse
    Lenny W

Hi, I prefer to use Blue Buffalo or Rachael Ray Nutrish, u can read about the composition and purpose here

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Lenny W.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Lenny W.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.