đŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have newly adopted a ‘Labrador Retriever’ dog.
    I am worried about his food. There are plenty of foods and I don’t know which food is best for him?
    Please suggest a good food for him so that he can stay healthy.

#113951 Report Abuse
    Dave V

I can only speak from personal experience, but I’ve used Bench & Field for a number years with two dogdogs, one part Yellow Lab & Australian Shepherd. B&F has never had a recall and is highly rated by Dog Food Advisor.

#113952 Report Abuse
    haleycookie

How old is this lab? If he’s under 2 years I would get him on a large breed puppy formula ASAP. wellness core puppy, fromm large breed puppy are two good ones. If he’s already full grown looking for a food with three meat ingredients first. Merrick is good, natures variety instinct, and wellness core adult are good.
    If you’re looking for a budget food, whole earth farms, under the sun, and wholehearted are two good ones.

#120229 Report Abuse
    joanne l

I would get something with a good amount of meat content, make sure any type of peas is not in the first 5 ingredients. With this FDA warning about grain free it seems that Lab Ret. are prone to this condition. Matter of fact try not to go grain free right now. I like merrick and natures variety as well. I had problems with wellness just my experience.

#126410 Report Abuse
    Dinamul D

Labrador Retrievers are good-natured, active and affectionate to all. They are intelligent dogs and easily trained, with members of the breed frequently chosen to become assistance or search dogs.

The ROYAL CANIN¼ Labrador Retriever kibble has been specifically designed for the Labrador’s rapid food intake. The kibble’s unique texture and shape helps reduce the rate of food they eat, encourages proper chewing habits that aid digestion and helps them to breathe when their mouths are full.

#126422 Report Abuse
    Doggo B

Our chocolate really likes Weruva’s Venison Salmon Kibble.

Weruva Caloric Harmony

Good food and good company.

#152132 Report Abuse
    Lenny W

Hi, I prefer to use Blue Buffalo or Rachael Ray Nutrish, u can read about the composition and purpose here

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Lenny W.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Lenny W.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.