šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jacqie L

Hello,

I have a year and a half old Border Retriever who has had blood in his pee off and on since we got him at 8 weeks of age. We have since figured out that he has a yeast infection as it was infecting his ears. Since nothing else has worked to solve the bleeding issue we put him on a meat and veggies diet. The bleeding stopped in 3 days. We then bought a grain free kibble diet thinking that was the issue. Now the bleeding is back full force. Now we are looking at putting him back on the meat and veggie diet for a longer period of time to totally clear this up. Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be the cause? Is yeast known to do this? Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

#81842 Report Abuse
    anonymously

If it was my dog I would take him to the vet ASAP. He may have a urinary tract infection which is extremely painful. It may wax and wane but without treatment prescribed by a veterinarian (antibiotics) it will not go away and will get worse and may result in more complications. The vet may also need to do an ultrasound besides a urine test and blood work to rule out bladder stones and properly diagnose your dog. Sounds like he may have allergies too. Often there are genetic factors involved, the food may have very little to do with it. Use the search engine here to look up bladder stones, and allergies.

PS: I would just go to the emergency vet, now. Today. Urinating blood is serious and requires immediate medical attention.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.