šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    USA

Hi Mike

I am wondering if ALL of the dog foods you have reviewed on the Dog Food Advisor were considered for inclusion in your Editors Choice selections. This way no one has to wonder if a food you have reviewed on DFA was not included because it wasn’t evaluated or because it did not qualify.

#37798 Report Abuse
    Mike Sagman
    Keymaster

Hi James,

As I mention on our FAQ page About Editor’s Choice, there are a number of reasons a particular brand may not be included on our list.

For example, a company may not have met all our guidelines. Or its agents may have been unwilling to reveal important manufacturing information.

In some cases, we may be uniquely aware of unfavorable information about a company. Or we may have received tips from industry insiders that disqualify certain brands from inclusion on our lists.

And finally, we may simply be unfamiliar with a particular brand. So, feel free to nominate a company you believe weā€™ve overlooked.

Hope this helps.

#37851 Report Abuse
    USA

Hi Mike

I read the FAQ’s before I asked. I just want to make sure that ALL of the brands you have reviewed on DFA were considered for the Editors Choice and that if a brand you have reviewed on DFA is not on the Editors Choice that means it did not qualify.

This way I know that let’s say Great Life but it could be any brand already reviewed on DFA is not on the Editors Choice list because it did not qualify, not because it was not evaluated.

#38241 Report Abuse
    USA

Can anyone from DFA answer my question?

#38247 Report Abuse
    Mike Sagman
    Keymaster

No, we have not had enough time to interview every possible dog food company. We started this huge project with a number of virtual meetings and simply nominated the ones with which we were most familiar and we believed were potential candidates. We then removed the ones we found reasons to disqualify.

However, there are still many others under consideration. So, we expect to add more over the coming months and years as we continue our research. We’ve tried to make it clear that we welcome other suggestions. In fact, two of the first topics in this forum were created to allow EC and budget-friendly nominations.

By the way, the most challenging task ahead of us is to find a way to monitor all the recipes produced by these companies on a regular basis for recipe changes. So, we welcome your tips.

#38248 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Yes, this is quite a task you have taken on. I think we are getting a lot for our $20. Thank you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.