Dry Food for Great Pyrenees

Dog Food Advisor Forums Diet and Health Dry Food for Great Pyrenees

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ksufan
    Participant

I have a 15 month old female great pyrenees that I got from an animal shelter. She is 75 pounds and is eating 4 cups of Taste of the Wild Bison a day- 2 cups in the morning and 2 cups in the evening. She has 3-4 bowel movements a day. Is this normal?? Her previous owners did not crate train her. I tried for 6 weeks but she was so fearful and anxious in it that I would have to give her a bath every time she was in there because she drooled so much.

I have been leaving her out if I have to leave and she doesn’t chew anything up, but WILL go to the bathroom. Because she has such frequent bowel movements, it’s difficult to be able to leave the house for more than an hour or two.

Is there another dry food that would produce less stool??

Thanks for any advice you have!

#16376 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Hi ksufan –

Pooping 3 – 4 times and day and not being able to hold it for more than a few hours is not normal for a dog that’s over a year old. I’d suggest just giving another 5 star food a try. If you could feed all canned food or raw food or substitute half her kibble for canned or raw that may help too as canned foods and raw foods typically contain less filler than kibble and are highly digestible. I’d also recommend getting her on a digestive enzyme supplement to ensure she’s digesting all her food as efficiently as possible.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.