🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dottie E

There was a recent article written supported by veterinarian Dr. Jean Dodds that indicated this filler in grain free dog food was harmful to gut and intestinal tract. It is used in a lot of kibble. Thoughts?

#110737 Report Abuse
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I noticed that peas and pea products are red lined in DFA’s analyses. They state that “red” ingredients are considered “controversial”. Then further along into the analysis of “pea fiber”, they say:

“… pea fiber, a mixture of both soluble and insoluble dietary fiber derived from pea hulls. Aside from the usual benefits of fiber, this agricultural by-product provides no other nutritional value to a dog.”

… which is interesting, but not particularly informative. I’d be interested in reading what Dr. Jean Dodds had to say. Do you have a site for me to explore?

#110739 Report Abuse
    Christine W

Following,as all the Wellness dry i feed my girls has peas in it.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Christine W.
    #110741 Report Abuse
    Anonymous
    Inactive

So, Christine W., you will be interested in this Dr. Dodds’ article as well. I hope Dottie E. has a link for us!

#110742 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I’m sure you can google for info.

#110756 Report Abuse
    Christine W

I do follow her,i haven’t seen this article yet.Yes hoping for a link TY 🙂

#110968 Report Abuse
    Dottie E

Christine it is an article in planet paws.ca about dried pea products. It states it is supported by Dr. Jean Dodds. My dogs breeder sent the article to all those on her website. I use Dr. Tim’s salmon and pork dog food which has a 5 star on this site. The 4th ingredient is dried peas thus I am concerned. Please read it and I would like to hear your thoughts.

#110994 Report Abuse
    Christine W

I will thank you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.