šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    billhill
    Participant

I just heard that the Canidae brand of dry dog food might only have extensive safety testing at the new Ethos plant in Texas, since the various formulas are also manufactured by other contract producers around the country.

Does anyone know about the testing at Diamond, for instance, as of Dec 2012, since they still do contract production for other brands?

Bill

#10733 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Hi Bill,

I’ll be curious to hear what others say about this, too.

I had done a little research on Canidae and was of the impression that ALL of their products were now manufactured at the Ethos plant. I was really interested in adding Canidae Pure into our rotation. I was really bummed when someone here recently posted that some Canidae is still manufactured by Diamond. The horror! I sent Canidae an email and asked if they continued to use Diamond at all and am waiting for a response from them.

So, I have no answer to your question but will be very eager to hear what others think because as far as I know the QC at basically all Diamond facilities is bordering on horrendous. Even if the Candiae Pure is manufactured at Ethos, I will likely not use it because I’d rather not use a product that is still, in any way, supportive of Diamond; unless someone can convince me that Diamond really isn’t that bad after all. Har har…

Good Question! : )

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.