Dog Food for Sensitive Stomach

Dog Food Advisor Forums Diet and Health Dog Food for Sensitive Stomach

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ShottasMom

Hey Everyone, I have a 3 1/2 year old Boston Terrier/Pug Mix. When he was a puppy i first had him on blue wilderness, was so happy to have a healthy dog food, but then…. he started having extremely bad gas, i mentioned it to my Vet, and he suggested i put him on a prescription dog food “gastrointestinal by medi-cal” .. had him on this since he was about 8 months old. It worked well.. no more gas. but as im getting older and realizing i want my baby on the best i looked at the ingredients, that dog food well it sucks.. so i decided to try a different one.. switched it to Wellness Core, and he is much better on this one then he was on the blue wilderness back then. But still has gas, now its not horrible.. but its enough to make me re consider.. lol.. i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for this. if anyone has this problem as well and if any ideas for food thats healthy and wont cause this problem.. 🙂

Ty So much

#59529 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi this happened with my boy while on prescription food, he doesnt fart, oh he’ll pass a little gas but it doesnt clear a room has no smell put him on premuim commercial food, bad gas, Maybe try another brand one with less ingredients, NO peas, lentils etc, I think dogs arent suppose to have peas, lentils, beans & all the other things they add to kibble, in their diet… Maybe try a kibble that’s more like the vet presciption diet minus the bad things, have you looked at “Natural Balance” limited ingredients, the Kangaroo & Potatos or Rabbit & Potatos have the least ingredients, so less chance of causing bad wind, I had to go back to the Vet Diet as my boy has IBD (Lymphocytic Gastritis) .. Now I just add extra foods in his diet, bland foods like Boliled Chicken, pumkin, boiled egg, banana, sometimes fish, so he’s still getting good foods but the vet diet is helping & doing what it has to & stopping the rotton gas & wind, he’d fart then look at his bum & I’d say, yes that rotten smell is you, stinky bum…lol…the Wellness Simple Lamb & Oatmeal gave the worse gas then the other kibbles I tried..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.