šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Paula R

I received several cans of cat food but my cat will not eat it. Can I mix a Tbl spoon of it with my dogs dry food and give it to him (my dog)? It would be twice a day, and he is a Chihuahua mix. Thanks

#138809 Report Abuse
    anonymous

Please take that cat food to your nearest animal control and donate. It may be a tax deductible donation.

Cat food is greasy, slimy and high in fat.

So, I would not feed this to a dog, especially a small breed that may be vulnerable to pancreatitis.

Or, you could feed it little by little to your cats mixed in with their regular food.

#138862 Report Abuse
    joanne l

I agree with Anon.

#141271 Report Abuse
    Owen J

Wet food is given to the animal 1-2 times per day. Dry – twice a day in accordance with the recommendations for the volume of servings (as a rule, they are indicated on the package).
    Mixing rations in one dish is not worth it – for each type requires a separate capacity. At the same time it is necessary to provide the pet with constant access to fresh water.
    https://herepup.com/dog-training-collars-reviews/

#141463 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi Paula,

Yes dogs can eat cat foods but Cats cant eat dogs food.. (No Taurine)
    Cause cats are very fussy eaters, cats foods have better quality ingredients then the dog foods have.
    Cat foods are higher in protein so just be careful with the fat isn’t too high for your dog??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.