šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    leahzeigler

My dog was diagnosed with Diabetes about 2 months ago and it has been a roller coaster. He gets 9 units of Vetsulin twice a day. My vet wants him to eat Royal Canin dry diabetic food but he totally refuses to eat it. I have been feeding him Natural Balance Sweet Potato and Fish Formula and he seems to really like this but I am worried that it may not be appropriate for him. I need help. What other dry foods would be appropriate for diabetes.
    Thanks,

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Mike Sagman. Reason: Fix Duplicate Topic Title
    #32496 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi Leah-
    I, unfortunately, am no help to you about diabetic dogs. However, if you go to the top of this page and click on the library tab, there is a thread for diabetic dog foods. There has actually been a lot of action on that thread. There seems to be some well informed people that are contributing to that thread the last couple of days. Check it out and good luck!

#32498 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Hi Leah
    I second crazy4cats suggestion about going over to the page on the review side for diabetes. You are right that that is not a good food for a diabetic dog, way too many carbs. There is also a few threads here for diabetes. You can use the search function on the forum opening page.

#32518 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Chewy.com has a page with low glycemic foods which may be what you need.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.