🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 655 total)
  • Author
    Akari_32
    Participant

Haha thanks Patty! I didn’t realize how good I was doing until I was two stores and four transactions in and still had more than $70 LOL I totally screwed up at PetCo too, but the guy was so mad at the world that he didn’t appear to have the energy to void my order and redo in two separate ones, so he let me use all my regular coupons and 2 $4 off $20 coupons LOL whoops!

Thanks B-dog!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Akari_32.
    #58802 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

Nice job Akari!

#58804 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Akari-
    You are gonna have to get another cat to be able to use up all that litter you got! gheesh! Good job! As usual, I’m jealous.

#58805 Report Abuse
    Naturella

All hail the queen!!! πŸ™‚

You are fantastical!!! I swung by some smaller stores today but no deal would be at $1/lb and that’s what I was looking for, SO I am waiting for Cyber Monday, lol.

#58806 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Nah! The 20 pounders last a month each with daily scooping (if I slack it doesn’t last as long because it starts to smell lol), so my two new 35 pounders should last about 2 months each. Litter never goes on good sale, so I have to stock up! Lol I may, however, need another cat use up all this cat food XD

#58807 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Naturella, that’s too bad! The Nutro rebate is a good ~$1 a pound. You’d need to freeze it though, because its for the 24+ lb bags lol If you get those $7 off wellness coupons and the $5 off Petsmart coupons, you can get some good stuff πŸ˜‰

I’ll be work and writing and turning in a paper for cyber Monday *rolls eyes*

#58811 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Akari, I would get some Wellness for Bruno and Snowy actually, with those coupons, but maybe tomorrow or something. As for Nutro, I would prefer to get a variety of small bags than one huge one, it would last Snowy forever (like 6 months or more, lol, and that’s a long time for a bag to chill open)… But I am going to see what Cyber Monday has to offer, I am PRAYING for some new trials in PetFlow, now THOSE are a steal! I want, I want, I want! LoL

If not, my local Petland has some Whole Earth Farms on sale at $10 for the 4 or 5-lb bags, and for 3 of them (15lbs at best) I can spend $20, so close to $1/lb…

#58812 Report Abuse
    Misty C

This is a great place to find about coupons

#58813 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Yeah, you’d have to freeze the Nutro or share it with a few people lol Get some Wellness girl! Do it! DOOOO IIIIIT! :p

Misty, I started this thread to show people that you can buy good pet food for the price of cheap ones πŸ™‚ Having pets shouldn’t mean you have to spend a bunch of money feeding them! I do it on about $10-20 a week, for four dogs and a cat.

#58816 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Girl, you know I will, I’ve been eying Wellness for a WHILE! And with $12 off, HELLO! πŸ™‚

Misty, thanks to Akari’s tips, I am able to feed my one 15-lb dog for about $8 or so/month (that’s about $2-$2.50/week) on really, really good dry, dehydrated, air-dried, freeze-dried, and canned foods, plus fresh food toppers, such as raw eggs, raw bones, canned sardines, yoghurt/kefir, and coconut oil. AND I have stocked up on food for him for about a year (until July/August 2015). So yeah, she is the ultimate coupon guru there is for dog and cat food and supplies. And fish and reptiles, if you’re into that. πŸ˜‰

#58819 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Well, I wouldn’t say *ultimate* coupon guru lol I make it up as I go. I litterally planned nothing today other than the litter and Friskies lol the rest just sort of happened. I’m sure I could have gotten much better deals had I really researched sales and coupons.

Wish I only had to dish out $8 a month…. LOL

#58820 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Girl, for all 4 of yours you spend about $5 for each/week, and that’s still amazing!!! Thank you for sharing the skill of couponing you possess! πŸ™‚

#58897 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Well thanks ^////^

Oh! I bought some more goodies at Publix today :p

20x cans of Sheba cat food– $0.59 cents each
    2x Tidy Cats 14 lb tubs– $7.79 B1G1
    2x B5G5 Manufacturer Coupons
    2x $2 off 10 Target Coupons
    2x $1 off any Tidy Cats 8.5 lbs or larger

Paid out $9.06 for the lot πŸ™‚ I was tempted to wait till the She a went on sale for 50 cents like it likes to do, but i figured I’d just get it done and over with lol Still did pretty good!

#58982 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

@Akari This has nothing to do with couponing, but could you tell me how to post a photo please? I have photobucket, but I don’t know how to imbed. I asked on the Unrelated to Dog Food topic, and Bobby Dog said to ask you. Thanks!

#59140 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Bought some more cat litter today! It’s a problem…. LOL But for $3 a piece, can I really turn down a jug of Tidy Cats?? I mean really!

Also been picking up bags of Wellness CORE Puppy for Haley and Dweezle for $3-something a 4lb bag. Not fantastic in my book, but I’ll take it! I’m only 3 bags away from a free bag anyways… lol

#59159 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Please, tell me again HOW did you get CORE for $3-something/bag! Please?

#59160 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

I used a $7 wellness coupon and the $5 off natural or specialized dog of cat food pet smart coupon!

#59358 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog
    #59362 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

I saw that Petsmart coupon. I think I am going to use it to buy another cat tree for my crew for Christmas. They compete for the top spot on the one I have now.
    Also, Pet Flow has 25% off on Wellness products and a couple of other brands right now too. I think the code was 25OT or something like that. I ordered a bag of Eagle Pack kibble for my dogs. I’ve never tried it before. I hope it works. Don’t want to have to figure out how to make a return!

#59363 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Nice Christmas present. FWIW I feed Eagle Pack canned, Bobby likes it. One of these days I am going to try the kibble for Bobby.

#59365 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant
    #59372 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Akari- I got that one today too!

B-dog- I’ll let you know how the Eagle Pack kibble goes. I think it ended up being about $30 for 30lbs, after the discount. A Pet Flow email “sucked” me in! I think it will make a good simple kibble to add our ABC toppers to. I picked up frozen beef heart treats last week at the feed store. Yum!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by crazy4cats.
    #59377 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, beef heart!

#59378 Report Abuse
    Naturella

@Akari_32, AKARI, AKARI, and everyone!!! I did it! For the first time! It is so exalting!!!
    Soooo…

I went to buy Snowy food today and I had prepared the following: 4 Wellness $7-off coupons + 4 $5-off specialty brand PetSmart coupons together, and 3 $5-off Castor and Pollux Organix/Ultramix coupons + 3 $5-off specialty brand PetSmart coupons together.

I got:
    2 x Wellness CORE Original @ $14.99 before coupons, at $2.99 after coupons.
    1 x Wellness CORE Puppy @ $16.99 before coupons, at $4.99 after coupons.
    1 x Wellness Simple LID Salmon @ $16.99 before coupons, at $4.99 after coupons.
    2 x Castor and Pollux Ultramix GF Adult (with and without poultry) on sale at $15.99 (Original Price $19.99) before coupons, at $5.99 after coupons.
    1 x Castor and Pollux Organix GF Adult (with and without poultry) on sale at $14.99 (original price something above $14.99) before coupons, at $4.99 after coupons.

The manager was so nice to override and get all coupons in on the same order! Such a kind person! Total is 7 bags of food, 31lbs total, at $37.49, with square $89.00 in savings!!! HELLO!!! I can’t believe it! I had budgeted exactly $40 to spend and the bill fit! I am so excited, Snowy is set with great foods for 6-7 months, and coconut oil, and I just couldn’t be happier! πŸ™‚

NOW… I want to outdo myself for Bruno… I am so sorry, I can’t resist these deals. I won’t buy anything else anymore after this as he will be set till like Jan. 2016 or beyond, SO… Here is my plan… I will use:

4 Wellness $7-off coupons + 4 $5-off specialty brand PetSmart coupons together, and 3 $5-off Castor and Pollux Organix/Ultramix coupons + 3 $5-off specialty brand PetSmart coupons together for almost the same items, except I want to buy Wellness CORE Puppy, Small Breed, Ocean, and Wild Game. After coupons those should add up to $24.00 (Ocean and Wild Game are $18.99 a piece! So after coupons, $6.99 ($7)). Then the Castor and Pollux, same ones, for $17. And then, I have a $3-off Nulo plus $5-off specialty brand, that will make $8-off Nulo, it sells at $15.99, so I will get it for $7.99 (8). THEN, I have a Buy 4, get 2 free Nulo cans, selling for $2.00/can, I will spend $3.00 for 6 cans (I will use it with the $5-off Specialty Brand coupon). Also, I have a Petland Coupon that I hope they honor for $10-off $25+, and another PetSmart coupon for $5-off total purchase. SO, this should add to:
    $37.00 (when rounded up) before taxes. With taxes on the total purchase it may go to $45.00 or so.

This is going to be 35.5lbs of food plus 6 cans (4.8lbs of wet), for $45.00, let’s say. It is 40.3lbs for $45, ALMOST nailing the $1/lb for top notch food ($1.12/lb, and that’s AFTER taxes…$.92/lb before taxes). Booyaaaaah! I will have no regrets.

And THEN… I will stop. Forreal.

So let’s see how I do tomorrow… Wish me luck, I will post pics too!

P.S. Akari, will they let me make a similar purchase to today’s on the same Pet Perks, Pet Rewards, or whatever they call it account? I have my husband’s, but I can open my own under my phone number and our new address, should I? And I know I could just go for the cheapest Wellness CORE Original at only $2.99 after coupons, and I MAY substitute the Puppy one and the Small Breed for the Original, I was just protein-level greedy, but maybe 2% more protein is not worth the extra $2.00/bag? If I do, my total should be about $41.00 after taxes, so damn near hitting my $1/lb… Maybe I will do that! And instead, use the new $2.00-off canned coupons and buy as many CORE cans, 95% cans, and Petite Entrees as I can use coupons for and enough so I can use one more $5-off Specialty Brand PetSmart coupon. So my total may remain at $45.00 or so, but my volume will increase. So yeah. And I REALLY want to try the Ocean and the Wild Game ones, so I will bite the bullet on the price, meh… πŸ™‚

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Naturella.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Naturella.
    #59381 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Well done Naturella!

#59382 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Thank you, Bobby Dog! πŸ™‚ I hope tomorrow goes as well or better! πŸ™‚

#59383 Report Abuse
    Naturella

OOOH, and if I do the Wellness dry and canned in one transaction, and the Castor and Pollux and Nulo dry and canned in another, MAYBE I can use 2 $10-off $25+ purchase from PetLand, thus making my deal $35.00 or so with taxes, for still 40.3+lbs of food!!! AND if they give me another $5-off entire purchase at PetSmart for the first transaction and I can apply it to the second one, HELLO $30.00 (or so) for 40.3+lbs of food!

*drool*

#59386 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Good job, girly! Check and see if your store has the holiday 6oz CORE cans on clearance for $1.27 like mine does! Use that two dolla off canned coupon than came in today’s wellness email, and make some money!

You can certainly go back in there and do the same thing tomorrow. As long they get paid, they don’t care what you do with your pet perks.

One note about the kibble size, I don’t know how Bruno does with larger kibbles, but anything that wellness makes that isn’t marked puppy or small breed has massive sized kibbles. You might want to feel how big they are through the bag before you decide what you want. The puppy CORE (and obviously the small breed) has small kibbles, but the other ones are all dime sized in diameter.

The store here has stopped letting me do multiple transactions. Even if it’s just two small ones. I’m about ready to kill the managers there. Actually, just the one. He’s always mean. Doesn’t like to let people just do what they’re doing. Not really sure how all these rude people get to be managers!!

#59389 Report Abuse
    Dori

Akari 32. I swear you’ve got a “coupon fairy” somewhere. πŸ™‚

Naturella. You go girl!!

#59391 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Akari, thank you! I am still a bit far from your abilities, but I’m trying!

Also, I will certainly check for any of the cans on sale! So, I think I have a plan! One can each flavor of Wellness 95%, one small can of each CORE flavor, and one tiny tub of each of the Petite Entrees, and I will use 15 of the $2-off coupons, plus 3 of the $5-off specialty brand coupons just for this canned. In the end, it should be close to $0 (just for the Wellness canned) as I will make some money off the CORE (if on that sale) and the petite entrees ($1.20/tubbie). πŸ˜€ This will make it 6.75lbs of Wellness canned, so a whopping total of 47.05lbs of food for the IDEAL $30.00 or so (POSSIBLY less if I make money off of the CORE and tubbies). Let’s see if I can make it happen!!!

Also, I think Bruno should be okay – if anything, he will eat slower, I guess. And Snowy used to be on Kibbles ‘N’ Bits so she will be fine with dime-sized bits too. I may just stick to the Puppy and Small Breed, but we’ll see.

I really hope I can do my “humble” 2 transactions and walk out like a boss with a TON of food. They do get paid for manufacturer coupons, but what about their own coupons? The $5-off ones… Do they make anything off of them? And I am so nervous, hope it all works out well tomorrow and they have all the foods I want… So we’ll see! πŸ™‚
    I am so donating 1/2 of my Earthborn Holistic Primitive Natural for immediate use and 1/2 of my Earthborn Great Plains Feast (cause I got huge bags of those, so Bruno will have 7lbs of each and I will give the rest to friends), so that I can make room for the new food. Now to figure out a way for hubby to not notice (which will be hard with a joint bank account, lol), but I seriously will contain myself from then on. One year of no purchases. Till Black Friday/Cyber Monday/Holiday deals 2015. I can and WILL do this!

#59392 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Dori, thank you! I learn from the best! πŸ˜‰

#59393 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

#59394 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Will do! And I will post pics! πŸ˜‰

Omg, so nervous, lol, I feel like I’m on Extreme Couponing or something although I am not even close! LoL.

#59412 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Naturella:
    Bobby loves the original Core kibble recipe (and canned too, lol). The last time I fed it, it was not too big. It was a kind of flat, round shaped kibble, similar to Earthborn’s size if I remember right. I never fed any of their other dog recipes, so I don’t know the size of them. You should be able to feel the size of the kibble through the bag if your concerned.

C4c:
    The Eagle Pack kibble does look good for our ABC extras! I hope your dogs do well on it and I do plan to give it a try at some point.

#59416 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Hey, all!

Popping in for just a quick update, because I have a paper to write and I am so disappointed in myself and today overall…

I went to the same store I did yesterday, loaded up 2 Original Wellness COREs, 1 Ocean, and 1 Wild Game. 1 C&P Organix GF and 2 Ultramix GF. One Nulo. 12 cans total – 6 small cans of CORE and regular ones, and 6 of the tiny petite entrees. I went up to the register, and divided up the stuff in 2 transactions, Wellness stuff first, C&P and Nulo second.

The lady scanned all the Wellness stuff, then I showed her all the coupons, and she got so… confrontational. She was scanning them and ripping up the Petsmart ones after she scanned them. Then she said she scanned only 2 Petsmart ones and 4 Wellness ones, and I KNOW I had 4 Petsmart ones attached to each Wellness one. Well, she was ripping them up so I couldn’t prove it! Good thing I had an extra Petsmart one, so I gave it to her, and I gave her the stack of 12 $2-off any canned Wellness coupons, and she started freaking out, she scanned 6 of the $2-off ones and said she’s not doing any more, and she said she’s not going to take my extra $5-off Petsmart coupon either! So I would have returned 2 of the Wellness foods if she wasn’t going to give me the whole deal, and she was just trying her best to get me to argue with her, like so hard! She was rude, confrontational, and I was NOT going to argue at all. I was very polite and calm the whole time. She said she remembers me from yesterday and that she does not feel comfortable letting me do this with the coupons. She said she will cancel it all because she doesn’t want it on her record and get someone else to check me out. Maybe this is a good place to mention that she was a MANAGER, and she said she’s rather have an ASSISTANT check me out. I also didn’t want her to cancel the transaction as it wasn’t that bad, like in the $30s for 4 Wellnesses and 12 cans, but she didn’t care. Before signing off, she made sure to let the assistant know I “did this yesterday and I’m trying to do something funny with coupons again, and that she can’t handle it, she’s uncomfortable, and doesn’t want it on her record”.

When the assistant lady came, she was very polite, and I told her how the other manager from yesterday, the male one, checked me out with no problems at all, and she said that he shouldn’t have and she hopes he doesn’t get in trouble for it. I said I hoped so too.

So she began checking me out, and read every word on every coupon. In the end, I only got Wellness CORE Original and one small can of Wellness with the $2-off, the $7-off, and the $5-off coupons, and she said I can only use ONE of the $7-off of Wellness (per customer), and ONE of the $2-off for canned food (per customer). I said ok. I also got a dry Nulo for a total of $8-off with a Nulo coupon and the $5-off Petsmart coupon on a different transaction. UGH. At least she was polite, albeit super meticulous. Also, she said I couldn’t use the Castor & Pollux coupon cause it wasn’t original (?!?!?!) and that I can’t trust online coupons cause they are false, and on the C&P coupon it says “reproduction of coupon strictly prohibited” so she wouldn’t take any of them. Seriously?! How are you going to say the coupon is not original?

Ok, so I went to another store after regrouping to try it again. The cashier there was very kind, also kind of meticulous though, and she also read everything, but she was kind of confused, so she let me use the $7-off coupon of Wellness with the $2-off canned, and the $5-off Petsmart one for one bag and one can of Wellness together, and then she said she can’t combine coupons cause it says so on the Petsmart coupon, so I need to choose between the manufacturer coupon and the dang Petsmart coupon. So I did another transaction with one can of Wellness and the $2-off coupon, 1 bag of Ultramix on a super sale (expires soon), with the C&P coupon, and another bag of Organix with the C&P coupon (I shouldn’t have gotten it, it was just $5-off, but I was getting so confused). So all in all, I did 5 different transactions, 2 stores, and spent $44.00 for just 5 bags of food and 4 small cans… I am very disappointed and apparently store enemy #1 to my closest Petsmart, lol.

Anyway… Back to paper… blah… I guess for me it just depends on the cashier, cause I don’t want to argue, because I can’t really argue what the coupons says, it just depends who will let me get away with what. Either way, after 6 cans of Nulo for $3 that I WILL get, cause I have the coupons to, no more shopping, like, ever, for real, and I fail as a coupon student… Le sigh…

#59417 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww, don’t feel disappointed in yourself. Akari’s stores do seem to be more lenient with coupons than any of my pet stores. None of them ever let me use more than one Wellness coupon because of the one per customer noted on it. And I can only stack coupons at one of my pet stores, the other two don’t allow it.

Regardless of my pet stores’ coupon policies, I am glad we found the Coupon Queen to guide us students. πŸ™‚

#59418 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Bobby Dog, thank you!

I don’t know, I just feel bad, cause I broke the no-shopping-for-dog-food-for-Bruno ban, and I didn’t even do good on it, as in, it wasn’t an amazing deal that I just couldn’t skip…

And I still love to hear @Akari_32’s stories, and learn from her, and I do think it was pretty miraculous that they let me do everything I wanted yesterday, soooo yeah… Oh well. Bruno is set till December 2015, so seriously, I’m off the grid as far as shopping. I will be tempted, yes. But this time this is it.

I am glad I managed to get good food and a lot of it for Snowy yesterday, and for a great price, so that’s fine. And I do hope the nice manager who checked me out yesterday won’t get in trouble. I think having the kids I babysit with me may have helped – they are 3 total, but I only had 2 with me, and maybe he pitied me or something, using so many coupons and with 2 kids, no man in sight, lol…

And I also got some of the good foods too. 2 Wellness, 2 C&P, and 1 Nulo, I think that’s good enough. I just deeply wish I had gotten the Wellness CORE Wild Game instead of the Ocean one cause Bruno has 3 seafood-based foods now (Ocean included), but that’s also fine, whatever. I will feed them in expiration order, and that’s that.

#59420 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Naturella:
    I was ordered to stop shopping one time for my zoo. lol Well, my trick was to order things and have them sent to the local store so I could pick it up and sneak it into the house when no one was around. I was doing fine until I forgot to pick up one of my orders. I guess the store was sick of tripping over the stuff I had delivered to their store so they called while I was at work to remind me my order was in and to please pick it up at my earliest convenience…I was busted!!! ;(

#59421 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Awwwh! Yeah, I have sneaked things here and there, but this will be a hard one… As soon as hubs opens the bank account, I’m out… LoL. But it is what it is. I really am done. I am even stocked up on samples to the roof, no more… Bruno will live for 100 years anyway (fine… hopefully 20, but I WANT him to live to be 100!), so I have plenty of time to shop more and ask companies for samples, so I don’t want to burn out my chances when he’s not even 2 yet. πŸ™‚

#59423 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

I’m sorry they have you such a hard time! I would report the person that checked you at out PetSmart to corporate, especially being a manager. There is no reason to treat any customer that way. I’m having the same problem with one of the managers at Pet Supermarket near my house. When ever they start getting snooty, I’m like “I’m sorry I have animals to feed. Would you care to buy all this at full price for me??” Don’t let a couple bad experiences bring you down. Some people are just rude. What goes around, comes around. Karma will get them.

#59425 Report Abuse
    Naturella

@Akari_32, thank you so much for the words of wisdom and encouragement!

Your words actually made me think, though… I wish I had animalS, but I only have AN animal. And a small one at that. I really don’t NEED to be stocking up like I am, when there are people with much more limited resources, with more animalS, who they also need to feed. I could say the same thing you did, that “I have animalS” to a rude associate or manager and they may never even know the truth, but then it would not be the truth… And I do try to donate some food and spread the savings by giving others coupons, so I do try to give back… I guess I just wanted to be sure Bruno has plenty of good food, variety, etc, and there is a note of just being excited to score a deal (apparently it could become addictive). But for me to not end up on Hoarders (cause I fail at couponing, lol, so no Extreme Couponing for me), I need to stop shopping (and dog food is really the only thing I stock up on). But dog food has expiration dates, and if I want my little guy to be healthy, he won’t possibly be going through food that fast. One day we will have another dog with Bruno, just not yet. And that’s okay. And Bruno will be fine with the food we have for a long time.

I am happy to learn how to do it and I keep trying to let others know, and have prepared stacks of coupons (same as I had and same as the ones I used for Snowy) for some friends with multiple pets, so I will give them those to try their luck at their local stores, and I hope they score like I did for Snowy. One of them has one large dog and 2 cats, and another – 5 dogs, so THEY do need the savings. I did too, but for now, I truly am good. πŸ™‚ I will keep looking for deals for my friends AND Snowy though, so as long as I am NOT shopping for myself (Bruno), I will be fine. In a few months I can do another big trip for Snowy, so that’s something. πŸ™‚

As for reporting the manager, meh… What can I say? “They were rude to me because I was trying to “cheat” the system and get away with a great deal”? Corporate would probably promote them! LoL. But like you said, karma will get them, and plus, I am sure they are just also looking out for themselves, wanting to do things right, and keep the job that allows them to feed their animals (possibly, if they have any). So yeah. No hard feelings… Well, maybe just a tiny bit, but it’s okay… πŸ™‚

#59426 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

A long time ago I had a job that made you pay for any mistakes you made accepting coupons. It is an illegal practice, but when you need a job and it’s the only one you have to pay the bills, what are you going to do until you can find another job.

I question anyone who does not allow me to use coupons so I can understand their policies, but I never push the issue. I have been in their shoes. With how they reacted to you and the comments they made, I would take a guess that Petsmart has a counseling policy in place to address employees who do not follow coupon policies. At this point I would hope they coach all their employees to be consistent because it does send mixed signals to customers. But, a complaint to that store manager probably will do nothing in regards to consistency; it sounds more of a district manager issue to me, IDK. Regardless, I can understand a person’s reaction when it comes to job security and I don’t want anyone to lose their job over a coupon, however there is no reason to be rude about it. Simply explaining their policies is sufficient.

#59446 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

You weren’t trying to cheat anything. You were simply stacking coupons, which is an acceptable practice. I would, if I were you, just contact corporate and tell them you were being checked out by so-and-so, and they treated rudely in regards to your coupons, rather than trying to explain what is was that you may have been doing wrong, if you were even doing anything wrong at all (which it doesn’t sound like you were). Yes, the store can get in trouble for improperly taking coupons, but there is absolutely no reason to be rude to any costumer, coupons or not. Simply explaining the coupon policy is enough. In my opinion, anyways lol

Anyways, bad coupon days happen to the best of us. Don’t let it get you down! And hurry up and get another dog so you go shopping more :p

#59451 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Finished my paper and took Bruno on a refreshing walk! Woohoo. Ok, back to DFA!

Bobby Dog, I can imagine that they at least get scolded for mistakes in taking coupons… But come on, some the original prices these foods have are just deadly! Some are well over $20 for a 4- or 5-lb bag…

Either way, Akari, I know everybody does it (coupon stacking), but it does say on the coupon not to, and I am sure that not everyone cares about that, but apparently people here do. As for the first manager lady who was checking me out, yeah, she just freaked out and refused to give me service basically and didn’t take the time to explain (like the other 2 ladies) that they won’t do what the coupon says not to do… So I could call and report her but I don’t remember her name. I may go back there for my Nulo cans just to get her name, lol. And the cans. Or just the cans. Whatever.

Either way, I know this is probably normal, to have bad coupon days, I know I have read about a few of yours with mean managers… And I will be so happy to have another dog, eventually, just want to be able to give him or her the proper resource availability should he or she, or Bruno ever get actually seriously sick. Food I will always find ways to provide them with. πŸ™‚

#59453 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

The thing with coupons is that their terms and conditions refer to other like coupons (manufacturer vs manufacturer, for example– apples to apples!). Unless the coupon explicitly says “Not combinable with any other offer” it can be used with other coupons (like stacking a manufacturer coupon with a store coupon for the same item. At that point, its up the individual store if they’ll take a store coupon along with such a manufacturer coupon). Working for Publix, we get a lot of coupon training as cashiers.

I had one manager at PetSmart the other day tell me “You’re already getting $15 off, what’s the problem?” when I had handed the cashier $20 in coupons on a $20 order and she messed up in entering them, accidentally entering one to add $5 rather than take it off. I’ll tell you what the problem is, mister! Ima come over there and smack you in a minute! LOL That chick’s lucky she got you instead of me :p

#59455 Report Abuse
    Naturella

That’s what I thought too! I just looked and the $5-off Petsmart specialty brand coupons and they do say “not valid with any other discount or offer”. Bummer. The Wellness ones do not say that though. It does however say “one per customer”, that’s how the second lady stopped me from getting the rest of the Wellness there. Meh.

I wish pet stores did that thing with doubling the coupon values like some grocery stores do! Now wouldn’t THAT be a dream come true?! πŸ™‚

And I kept thinking about you actually and what you would do in this situation! You would have probably laughed at the manager transferring you to an assistant cause she couldn’t handle your coupons! LoL.

#59456 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

That means you can’t (or aren’t supposed to, at least– most don’t really care though) use another PetSmart coupon with it. If PetSmart, by some miracle, put out, say, a $5 off Wellness Coupon, you can’t use that $5 off Specialty brand and $5 off Wellness PetSmart coupon on the same one bag of food. But you could get two bags and use one on one bag and one on the other in the same order.

When a manufacturer coupon says something, it is certainly in the stores best interest to use them according to the conditions on the coupon. However, it really makes no difference how many a single person uses. The store still gets their 8 cents regardless, so long as the coupon is an original. At Publix, we do take up to 8 like coupons in a single order. But that limit is to keep people from clearing out our shelves on good deals… lol

I would’ve been so mad at that lady for ripping up my coupons before the order was completed. That is extremely unprofessional, and outright vindictive. Had you decided you didn’t want to use one of coupons she entered, and wanted it back, she might as well have been tearing up money, because they are void as soon as she does that, even as a store coupon. She might have died had I been there LOL

Side note: You can send bills that torn in to pieces of more than 50% back to the Mint and get new ones. Can you do that with coupons?? LOL

#59457 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Girl, I thought so too, but if she wanted to, she could say “it doesn’t say with no “like” offer, just with no other offer”. But yeah, I was so mad for her ripping my coupons up! And then cancelling my order and thus not giving me my coupons back, which were 4, not 2 anyway!!! πŸ™ I should have been like “excuse me, did you pay for the paper and ink to print those? What if I change my mind? I want my coupons back, and I don’t care how you make them reappear in the state I handed them to you”, or something unreasonable like that and not let her switch me off to the other lady until she finds a way to make up for being an angry confrontational, and dishonest person and made my coupons reappear somehow. And how can you tell me I was trying to do funny things when you ripped 2 and hid 2 of my coupons!!! Grr…

#59460 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Don’t be afraid to stand your ground when dealing with grumpy cashiers! As a chashier, we may not particularly like people who don’t know exactly what they’re doing with their coupons, but they’re not going to learn if we don’t teach them what goes against the coupon policy and what doesn’t. It’s much easier to (politely) teach them what’s right than it is to deal with it over and over again (unless of course they get rude first, then I dump them off on the nearest manager because I’ll be rude back if I’m not careful– I don’t take attitude well LOL). It’s one thing to get irritated when someone comes through over and over again and intentionally tries to screw the store over, but you’ve done nothing wrong, and you’re just trying to get the best bang for your buck. There was no reason for her to do any of that. Don’t take her attitude next time you see her! I still think you should report her to corporate. All you have to do is email them through the PetSmart website. Don’t even have to pick up the phone or anything! πŸ˜‰

#59461 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Naturella,
    I’m still trying to wake up so maybe I’m not understanding what you were trying to do. Can you explain, one transaction at a time? Let me explain lol. IF you had say

Three $2.00 coupons off any bag of Wellness dry food, I do not think you can use more than one coupon per bag. Usually the bag says that.

IF you had a buy one bag get one free coupon, you *can* use a. $2.00 off of the one you buy but you cannot use a coupon off the free one. I’ve had these BOGO coupons and have argued with managers about using a coupon off of the one I’m paying for. I win. Always do lol.

This is non dog related but in the 80’s when my boys were small, Pizza Hut had a “get your pizza free if it’s not ready in 20 minutes” deal. We knew our local PH do we ordered a pizza with more toppings than we normally would have. Went to get it and our stopwTch was 20:36. The worker refused our free pizza, saying it was only 36 seconds over the 20. I ask where it said there was an X amount of a grace period. I ask for the manager. Maria comes out, says “hey Marie” lol. I explain, we get our pizza for free. Back then, Steve was sort of mortified that I challenged them. He’s grown since then!

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 655 total)
  • The topic ‘Coupons!’ is closed to new replies.