🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 655 total)
  • Author
    Akari_32
    Participant

Since everyone is so in awe of my couponing, I figured I’d make a thread where everyone can post their couponing trips, and ask coupon questions πŸ™‚

Heres what I did today at PetSmart πŸ™‚

1x 3lb bag of Simply Nourish Source Rabbit and Chicken cat food– reg. price $9.99
    2x 5lb bags of Pet Botanics Grain Free Dog food (one Lamb, one Salmon)– reg. price $14.99 each, on sale for $9.99 each
    2x 18 count (12oz) bags of Petit size Greenies– reg. price $16.99 each, on sale for $13.99 each
    2x 3oz cans of Simply Nourish Source cat food (one Beef, one Venison)– reg. price $1.19 each, on sale for $1 each

Total regular price is $76.33, without tax (which is 7% here).
    After Pet Perks sales are applied, $59.95, without tax. To the non-couponer, that would sound great, but to me, thats terrible! Thats like a quarter of my paycheck LOL

So my coupons were:

$5 off off any Natural or Specialty Dog or Cat Food (prints on the receipt of a previous purchase, and gives you a specific list of foods to choose from).
    2x $5 off any 5lb or larger bag of Pet Botanics Grain Free Dog Food (found in a pamphlet by the food)
    2x $10 off any 12oz or larger package of Greenies (Pet Supermarket coupon, received in an email. I will share that below)– These are pure gold!
    2 cans free of any brand stated on the coupon (prints on the receipt of a previous purchase)
    $4 off $20 Pet Supermarket Coupon (reveived in an email, and will share below)
    $3 off any purchase $3 or more PetSmart coupon (prints on the receipt of a previous purchase)

After coupons and tax were applied, I scooted on out of there for just $17.07! And mom owes me $8 for the Greenies for her dog (Bentley) lol So really, I only paid $9.07 >=D

Here are those Pet Supermarket coupons!

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/Akari53/10offgreenies_zps12ab1fac.jpg

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/Akari53/april2014_Petscoop-4-off-20-April-2014_zps342f6f12.jpg

Remember when using competitors coupons at *any* store, that you check and make sure what stores they even take. My PetSmart will take PetCo, Pet Supermarket and PetLand coupons. They should take whatever is directly around them. And always follow any coupon, either manufacturer or competitor, to the tee. Manufactures pay the store back the face value of the coupon, PLUS 8 cents (sometimes more, its stated on the coupon). So they make money on these. If you continually screw them out of their 8 cents, even on accident, they’ll hate you forever. And they aren’t payed back for the competitor coupons, so use them well, or they can refuse to take them all together.

I have more to share! I just have to find them in my various dog and cat food threads LOL If anyone has any to share, post away! I love hearing about good deals πŸ™‚

• This topic was modified 9 years ago by Mike Sagman. Reason: Title changed from Coupons! to Dog Food Coupons
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 12 months ago by Mike Sagman.
    #39196 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Some other goodies I’ve pulled from my other threads/responses to threads πŸ™‚

~3x 6 pound bags of Blue walnut litter for $8

~15x 3oz and 3x 5.5oz cans of Wellness Grain Free (Purple cans) for $0.70

~34x 5.5oz cans of Wellness Grain Free for $17

~52 5.5oz cans of Friskies Special Diet for $16

~9x 3oz cans of Wellness Grain Free for $0.35

~4x 4lb bags of Wellness CORE dog food for $10

~6x 5lb bags of Pet Botanics, 1 20 pound Tidy Cats tub, 1 3oz can Blue Buffalo cat food, 1 pouch Blue Buffalo cat treats, 4 small (3.5oz??) cans of Purina Pro Plan cat food for $30

Some coupon sites I use. The Target Coupons I use at Publix.

http://printablecouponsanddeals.com/Category/pet-products
    http://coupons.target.com/pets-coupons
    http://www.couponnetwork.com/
    http://www.projectpetslimdown.com/Home/Offers
    http://www.coupons.com/coupons/Pet-Care-Coupons-102/
    http://www.petco.com/petco_Page_PC_petco-coupons.aspx

#39197 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Akari:
    I love the coupon thread. I will post anything I find in the future here and I will check back often for other posts!!!! πŸ˜‰

#39198 Report Abuse
    Naturella

… You’re a goddess … πŸ˜€

#39200 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Lol Thanks!

If you guys ever get any deals, post them!

#39202 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant
    #39203 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Akari:
    Did they let you use the Petscoop $4.00 off $20.00 purchase with other coupons?

Couponnetwork & projectpetslimdown are gone πŸ™

#39205 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Yep. I have to have $20 left over after all the other coupons (I had $24 after all the food coupons, so I could use the $3 off $3 and the $4 off $20 together). You can see the competitor and manufacturer and coupons I used at the top of the picture: $5, $5, $5, $10, $10, $4. The PetSmart coupons just come off the price of the product (which makes the receipt really confusing! The two cans of cat food are rung up as 0.00 LOL).

Yeah, I noticed that after it was too late to edit and take them off the list. Sorry! The Slimdownpetproject one, or whatever it was, was just Purina Coupons, anyways. Nothing good :p

#39208 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

One local pet store chain in my area does the $5.00 off of $30 or $10.00 off of $60 coupons, but they don’t let you use any other coupons with that one due to the “not valid in conjunction with any other offer” printed on it. πŸ™ They will ring me up separate if I want to use any other coupons for purchases though. So I save their $5.00 in house coupon for dry cat food purchases if I don’t have any better coupons to use on the cat’s dry food.

#39211 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

The $4 off $20 says that too, which is why I have to have $20 or more after the other coupons are applied to be able to use it. Too bad the store you shop at makes it difficult! I hate doing more transactions than I need to. Its just more ways for me to screw up my math LOL Try explaining to them my way and see if they let you do it. Its the same thing, just less card swiping….

#39213 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

I will try and see next time, but I tend not to rock the boat at this store because they really spend their time reading each coupon thoroughly to make sure they can get reimbursed. I have a feeling they must have been lax in the past and their “corporate headquarters” let them know about it! IDK Oh well, it never hurts to ask.

Pet Supplies Plus is by far the easiest for me using coupons. They just check to make sure you have the item, then they scan away!!

#39214 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Sounds like they make life waaaaaay too complicated lol

#39257 Report Abuse
    neezerfan

Thanks! I will try those coupon sites. I don’t ever remember getting a coupon on my PetSmart receipt tho…

#39258 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

I get them all the time! They are at the top and have a bar code. They print out every so many customers when they offer them.

#39446 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Hey all, I FINALLY figured out this photobucket thing! Here is my fave coupon of all times:

photo 20140422_1658171_zpsd0affba3.jpg

#39448 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

That is a good one!!!! πŸ˜‰

#39451 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Man!! I used all my $10 off $25 coupons πŸ™ I looked to see if I could find any online, but I’ve not found any yet. Oh well lol

Just got back from Publix and bought two 20 pound Cats Pride cat litter tubs for $1.48 total! πŸ˜€

#39452 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Thanks, both! And I know, I keep one just in case I see something I can’t resist by May, lol!

And woah, good job there!

#39457 Report Abuse
    neezerfan

I was at Petco today and they have I and Love and You food, all types on clearance for 50% off.

#39458 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Thanks!

Ooh, how much were they? I wonder if i can find any coupons…?

#39473 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Crazy – my local Petco doesn’t carry this one… Better look for sales online… Sigh…

#39485 Report Abuse
    Jackie B

Check out the website Cuckoo For Coupon Deals. She does a pet food matchup and links to printable coupons. Also, PetSmart’s facebook page has fan-only coupons that are pretty good. When I lived by a PetSmart and Target I would use all the coupons I could to get free food or very cheap food, and donate it to the local animal rescue. Every little bit helps.

I found that Nature’s Recipe had a lot of good coupons. And the PetSmart marked down food in the middle of the week, so you could get a slightly older bag of dry food on 25% or 50% off AND use the dollars off coupon and not pay much at all.

#39493 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Jackie B:
    Thanks for your coupon tips!!! πŸ™‚ I am going to add a bookmark to that website.

#39538 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

FYI: For anyone interested, Rachael Ray has the $4.00 off Zero Grain coupon posted again along with a free dry cat food sample offer, and various other coupons. If I remember correctly, they are good for a month after you print them. πŸ™‚

http://nutrish.rachaelray.com/switchto

#39555 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hey, thanks. Has anyone tried the Rachael Ray wet cat food? I didn’t know there was a cat food line. I think I might put those coupons to use.

#39558 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Hi C4c:
    I have tried the chicken flavors; the only two recipes without fish and K3. Two of my cats liked them. They smell delicious like they are seasoned for people. I recommend trying them. I will be picking up a few myself to have around for a little variety. I think the cats that did not like them may prefer more of a plain recipe. IDK πŸ™‚

#39561 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

I haven’t tried it yet, no. I printed out the B2G1 coupon a while ago, and I haven’t even seen it available locally yet! I thought about taking it PetSmart and trying to get some Simply Nourish with it LOL But I won’t. They hate me enough as it is :p I do have a sample of the dry cat food coming though. I’ll likely just toss it in the dog food. Whats a 1/2 cup of cat food gunna hurt when they eat like 7 cups between the two of them? lol The dry cat food is in no way anything I’d feed to a cat. Its all corn gluten (how can they advertise no corn when its got corn gluten???) and grainy. Yuck! It appears to have very little animal protein.

Publix has all their 6 pound bags of RR dog food on sale for $7.99, btw, guys! Bust out them $4 coupons!

#39573 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

No Publix where I live. πŸ™ $3.99 after the coupon, what a great deal that will be!!!

#39576 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Time to move to the South! :p

#39584 Report Abuse

Akari, I emailed NVI and asked them for coupons. In the mail today i didn’t get any coupons but i did get a voucher for a free bag of their dog food. It’s for up to a 6 pound bag.

#39587 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Are you serious?? I JUST emailed them because they sent out surveys for BOGO 6 pound bags, and the stupid thing wouldn’t give me my coupon! So I emailed them, TWO DAYS after the email was sent out, and they gave me some crap about how they weren’t offering that coupon any more. I told them is was wasn’t fair to say something was going to be given out when someone did a survey and then them not get it, and they ignored me and sent me $3 off any size bag coupons instead. Worthless $3 coupons…. Bleh! I’m gunna raise some heck with them. BRB, yo! *angry face*

#39589 Report Abuse
    Naturella

WOAH!!! I want a free NVI bag too!!! I’m going to email them right now!

#39590 Report Abuse

Nothing like getting a bag for free! I was just expecting coupons, lol!

#39609 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Ok. Emailed them. Also included my address, for convenience. LoL! Hope it works, really hope it works!!! πŸ˜€

#39612 Report Abuse

It took about two weeks for me to get my voucher.

#39625 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Gotcha. Well, I will keep y’all posted!

#39626 Report Abuse
    Naturella

SCORE!!! Here’s what the email read:
    “Dear ME,

Thank you for writing!

We would be happy to mail you a onetime free product voucher. You should receive it within the next couple of days.

Thanks for supporting our products!

Sincerely,

Shannon

Consumer Relations
    1-888-519-7387

http://www.naturesvariety.com”

#39627 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Hater and Molly’s Mom, thanks a million for that tip!!! Now Bruno will have a bag of good ole NVI for free, I can’t say this is a deal I would want to miss!!!

BTW, for all couponers out there, you can print out the Petland coupon I posted earlier in this thread and see if your local store will match it, or you can go to a PetLand too. πŸ™‚

• This reply was modified 10 years ago by Naturella.
    #39629 Report Abuse

Naturella, You are welcome! Yay!! You got it too!!

#39630 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Yep Yep! Can’t wait to actually get it in the mail! I will go for the rabbit or venison kind, cause they are pretty “exotic”! πŸ™‚

#39632 Report Abuse

I haven’t tried any of the NVI’s yet so im pretty excited to try it!

#39693 Report Abuse
    Naturella

I have tried a few samples of it, and really want to try the venison and/or rabbit kinds! πŸ™‚ Bruno loves the freeze-dried raw bites, and we also give him a sample of the rabbit cat formula as treats – it has awesome protein and one sample spread in over a month as treats won’t hurt him, I don’t think! πŸ˜€

#39703 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Petco is offering free shipping with no minimum purchase today and tomorrow only & up to 40% on certain items.

Good time to try that small bag of food your regular pet store never carries!

#39716 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Ahhhhhh!!! I so wish I hadn’t stocked up like crazy now, cause I want to BUY ALL THE FOOD on promotion!!! My local PetLand is doing a NutriSource promotion (finally – dang food is so expensive here) – you buy a bag of Taste of the Wild (ANY size), and get a 5-lb bag of NutriSource Grain Free for FREE! So for like $13 I get 10lbs of food! Or, if I wanna be super savvy, I can get 2 TOTWs, for $26, THEN get my 2 bags of NutriSource free, then apply my $10-off of $25+ Petland coupon, SO for $16 I get… 20 lbs of food. Bam. Killing right there. I may do that, I can’t help it… Ain’t it a good deal though??? πŸ˜€

Lord, have mercy, I need to stop looking at foods, coupons, and promotions, cause I struggle with life like that… πŸ˜€

• This reply was modified 10 years ago by Naturella.
    #39726 Report Abuse

That’s a great deal Naturella! I don’t have a Pet Land anywhere around here. I have a Pet Valu really close to me so im always in there. I pick up a lot of samples in there. I also have a Petsmart and a Petco close to me. Last week i was in Petco and they had some of the Wellness Core cans on sale for $2.28 each. I stocked up on them!

#39744 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Thanks, Hater and Molly’s Mom! Nice find on the Wellness Core too!

I really may have a problem with shopping for food… I was doing so good and not getting any more, but when the word “FREE” enters the picture, man, it’s hard! Lol.

But we’ll see…

Anyway, is that Hater or Molly in your avatar? πŸ™‚

#39746 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

for all you coupon types out there-right now if you buy one of the “natural” brands at petsmart, you get a 5$ off your next bag of food (dog or cat) bought before the end of May. Just found out today when i picked up a bag of Simply Nourish Source. unfortunately i won’t be using it because nothing else from my dry food rotation is carried there, so I’m bringing it to work to see if anyone wants it. Wish it worked on cans, because i buy a few of those there.

Just a heads up

#39747 Report Abuse

I bought a bag of Wellness a few weeks ago and got the $5.00 off coupon too. I wished it worked for cans too.

#39748 Report Abuse

Naturella, That’s Molly on my avatar. She’s just about 2 years old. I have a pretty good stock pile on cans right now, but i know i will buy more. I picked up some of the Earthborne tubs a few days ago. I just can’t seem to help myself, lol!

#39750 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Stock up! Thats what I’m gunna do. I can get the small bags of SN Source for the cat for $5 lol He seems to like it and does good on it mixed with his canned and some water, so I’m gunna buy some more as long as I can. They last forever, just check the expiration dates to make sure you get one that’ll last until you’re going to use it. Spend now, save later πŸ˜‰

Aleks, you totally need to do that!! OMG you’re so lucky! I wonder if my not-so-local PetLand is doing that….? You know how long it lasts till?

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 655 total)
  • The topic ‘Coupons!’ is closed to new replies.